Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design, and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
143 REPLIES 143

BLANKE_
Honored Guest
This actually fixed all my issues with the rift-s. good fps and not needing to re plug my headset every time i turn my pc on. Thanks guys  :open_mouth:

Error-401
Explorer
Can't find the "collect all' button.... :#
PC: Intel Core i9-9900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 16GB | MSI RTX 2080 Ventus | Samsung 970 Pro NVMe | SilverStone SX700-LPT | GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WiFi | SilverStone RVZ03B-ARGB

RattyUK
Trustee

Can't find the "collect all' button.... :#

Top right corner of the box when you open the Items 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RattyUK
Trustee
That's impressive...  everything just worked!  Starting to feel like the Original Rift, excellent job folks!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

JimO22
Explorer
I reloaded the software, now I have the screen "continue setup in VR' but my VR screen is just black - cannot continue setup.

Zynage
Honored Guest
After the update, other than also getting the Head tracking message, my image looks way worse and with RGB "snow" and tracking is almost useless.
UPDATE: Had to just unplug and plug back in for the RGB "snow" to go away. Will test it now and report if all is good.
UPDATE 2: Seems like the tracking "isn't" working, Beat Saber score is kinda broken.

Shushmo
Honored Guest

JimO22 said:

I reloaded the software, now I have the screen "continue setup in VR' but my VR screen is just black - cannot continue setup.

@JimO22 Restart your PC

I also have the headset tracking notification. However the first time it appeared, moving my head resulted in the entire virtual landscape moving in tandem. Example: I turned my head left then my entire home moved left with it.
The headset then immediately reported a "Fatal Error" with no further explanation and shut down on it's own. A restart of my PC solved the issue.

JimO22
Explorer
I just have black screen with the notification message "Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset". With the screen black I obviously cannot use the headset.

Shushmo
Honored Guest

JimO22 said:

I just have black screen with the notification message "Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset". With the screen black I obviously cannot use the headset.

Power Cycle everything first. Then, try another port for display/USB until you get a visual. You may need to uninstall the oculus software completely in order to resolve the issue. Hopefully someone from the Oculus team can lend a hand here if that doesn't resolve the problem. 

In order to avoid this in the future it may be wise to consider opting out of the Public Test Channel updates.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
A Collect All button? I love you and I want to have your children.

I just hope your servers are ready for everyone pressing the Collect All button at the same time lol  😄 😄 😄