Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.41 PTC Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Home
  • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.
  • When you receive a new item for your home, the blue notification indicator will show until you pull the item out of your inventory.

Payments

Desktop App
  • We’ve made enhancements to the Oculus desktop app to reduce load time.
  • We’ve made updates to improve the performance of your library in the Oculus desktop app.

---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Edit 8/27: Updated library bullet point to better reflect what was included in this update.
98 REPLIES 98

dburne
Level 16
And now I am getting a message it looks like I have connected a new device, would I like to set up my Rift S now?
This after a long gaming session with it and it is working fine.
And of course still have the red X in the desktop app, showing I have no headset audio.
I have audio through my earbuds in Rift S jack and mic through my USB Mic as I had nothing but problems with Rift S mic.

So everything working swimmingly, but annoyed by the big Red X and message asking if I would like to set up my new Rift S.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index

Orkel
Level 5

Downluck said:

Now it's working nicely. Thanks Oculus. I have noticed I'm not getting any kinda of trouble with the microphone after the PTC 1.41 such as the Robotic voice on my Rift S, did someone notice this as well? did they sort it out maybe?

Robotic voices still happen in the PT for both me and a friend. For me and most people it's a random second of static sounding voice when talking in social games. Friend's situation is worse and the static robotic voice sticks forever until he restarts the Rift by unplugging/replugging the USB cable.

dburne
Level 16
I continued to get mic dropouts at most inopportune times - solved it by disabling the mic and adding a desktop USB mic.
I am golden now. Cept Oculus Home still insists on giving me a red X saying I have no headset audio lol.

GortySmalls
Level 3
Look peeps, they are more focused on the quest then they are on the rift. If you buy a rift you should already know the warning signs that its going to be buggy. They don't care if the rift works at all as long as they get the most from the quest. It's like a gimmick ...make sure the rift s doesn't work or ...well, they will have to buy the quest or do without or put up with all the bugs in the rift. Ever since I bought the rift s I have had to spend more time trying to fix issues then getting any experience out of it. So just remember they are all about the Oculus Quest so if you buy a rift then you are just going to have to deal with bad software/hardware and know that backs are being turned on you. They need to add a sticker on the box " USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

TragicDelight
Level 4

Look peeps, they are more focused on the quest then they are on the rift. If you buy a rift you should already know the warning signs that its going to be buggy. They don't care if the rift works at all as long as they get the most from the quest. It's like a gimmick ...make sure the rift s doesn't work or ...well, they will have to buy the quest or do without or put up with all the bugs in the rift. Ever since I bought the rift s I have had to spend more time trying to fix issues then getting any experience out of it. So just remember they are all about the Oculus Quest so if you buy a rift then you are just going to have to deal with bad software/hardware and know that backs are being turned on you. They need to add a sticker on the box " USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!"

Go get your shine box.

Downluck
Level 4

Orkel said:

Downluck said:

Now it's working nicely. Thanks Oculus. I have noticed I'm not getting any kinda of trouble with the microphone after the PTC 1.41 such as the Robotic voice on my Rift S, did someone notice this as well? did they sort it out maybe?

Robotic voices still happen in the PT for both me and a friend. For me and most people it's a random second of static sounding voice when talking in social games. Friend's situation is worse and the static robotic voice sticks forever until he restarts the Rift by unplugging/replugging the USB cable.

You were right, the robotic voice still around. I was so excited until my friend says that I was sounding like r2d2 again.

dburne
Level 16
I think the Rift S Mic is not much better if at all than the audio strap.
Which is why I use a USB Desktop Mic and earbuds plugged into Rift S jack.

Rift S is a good headset, but those two quality issues are not so good for the Oculus name.

CmdrRiker
Level 3
Just started downloading 1.42. Any details on that? 

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

CmdrRiker said:

Just started downloading 1.42. Any details on that? 

Release notes coming soon. We're running a little behind today. Sorry for the delay!