Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.41 PTC Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Home
  • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.
  • When you receive a new item for your home, the blue notification indicator will show until you pull the item out of your inventory.

Payments

Desktop App
  • We’ve made enhancements to the Oculus desktop app to reduce load time.
  • We’ve made updates to improve the performance of your library in the Oculus desktop app.

---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Edit 8/27: Updated library bullet point to better reflect what was included in this update.
98 REPLIES 98

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Heads up: we hit slight snag getting the new PTC out today. Should be available some time tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

TomCgcmfc
Level 16
So, when is the Rift S Grip/Trigger lag going to be fixed?  I helped a mate setup his nice new Rift S today (which I had recommended to him since most bugs seemed to have been fixed) and I still noticed the lag on the right touch controller.  Fortunately he is a Sim guy (mainly X-Plane 11) so it might not be a big deal for him right now.  Still, kinda disappointing to still see this has not been fixed yet.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, Corsair 750w, Quest 1 w/Link and wireless w/VD, Vive Pro.

Netheri
Level 7
Will the panel pullouts also be fixed so that they won't show exclamation marks only? When i asked about this issue from support, their best solution was to contact the companies who's application windows i was trying to get pulled out and pinned. Even when i told them that the pull out and pinning worked just fine in 1.39.  😄 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Aquifer
Level 2

TomCgcmfc said:

So, when is the Rift S Grip/Trigger lag going to be fixed?  I helped a mate setup his nice new Rift S today (which I had recommended to him since most bugs seemed to have been fixed) and I still noticed the lag on the right touch controller.  Fortunately he is a Sim guy (mainly X-Plane 11) so it might not be a big deal for him right now.  Still, kinda disappointing to still see this has not been fixed yet.

Ive been waiting and waiting and waiting. I bother the Oculus Support almost all the time about the grip lag continuously telling them "hey guys this stuff sucks and its ruining my gameplay". Hopefully they do fix it soon because its a huge issue. 
Telling new VR players they must restart Oculus multiple times before playing is a bummer. Its inconvenient and hey Oculus. You will lose customers over this software issue if you dont fix it soon. Its a fact. not fiction. Quit spying on people and focus on stuff that matters. Thanks.

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Update: I'm told that the 1.41 PTC has now been pushed out and should be available. Thanks again for your patience!

eromagosa
Level 2
Thanks, updating

ShocksVR
Level 9
New Headset Firmware released with 1.41 - just installed; will test soon (in NMS)
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), Oculus Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

BumbleBee_VR
Level 2
how long does this update take, I've been sitting here for the last +20mins  with it saying "update fireware, please keep your headset plugged in"

john.zigmont
Level 6
Total update with firmware took around 20 minutes.