Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.41 PTC Release Notes

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Home
  • We’ve added an Announcements window that shows when you first open your Home. Here you can find info about new items, reward packs, friend’s homes, and more.
  • When you receive a new item for your home, the blue notification indicator will show until you pull the item out of your inventory.

Payments

Desktop App
  • We’ve made enhancements to the Oculus desktop app to reduce load time.
  • We’ve made updates to improve the performance of your library in the Oculus desktop app.

---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!

Edit 8/27: Updated library bullet point to better reflect what was included in this update.
99 REPLIES 99

JediNizar
Level 4
I still can't use my controller (most of the times) in the Desktop App,
The cursor is responding and I can maximize/minimize the windows or select a file, but when I try to open it by clicking/double clicking on it nothing happen.
Also, accessing the embedded video player controls in a browser is not working most of the time

LameDuckWarrior
Level 6
Played a full session of Elite last night with xbox controller with no issues. My entire session of no mans sky with touch was for nothing as it froze about hour and a half in but.....such is no mans sky right now.

HailHoge
Level 3
Thank you for the update.
This time, the problem that displayport did not work was not solved.
I sent a log. Please use it.

the product code of GPU is not included in the log.
palit gtx1080ti Product code:NEB108T019LC-1021F

EtienneArchamba
Level 3
So after updating to 1.41, our project in 2018.3.6 suddenly stopped recognising the SDK (both PC and Android). Happens on all workstations using this version of Unity (works with 2019.2 on other projects, but this a released project - we're not changing version)

I really hope re-importing the Unity integration will fix. Complete blocker otherwise...

UPDATE: Nope. Does not fix it. Trying the brand new 1.40 Unity integration... (released today)
UPDATE: Nope. 1.40 does not fix it. Last attempt is going for 2018.4 (LTS version and recommended by Oculus...)
UPDATE: Not working either.

Out of options now since updating to 2019.2 is out of scope... 

Anyone else having problem with 2018.xx and the 1.41 update?

I am completely blocked for updating this project now.

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

UPDATE: Nope. Does not fix it. Trying the brand new 1.40 Unity integration... (released today)

Where are you finding 1.40 unity integration? The oculus developer download site and the developer forum both say 1.39 is still the latest available.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Gwanch said:

Since this latest Update, i have a problem with the Controller-Buttons and the joysticks. They are not working proberly anymore. I have to push them twice or 3 times before my game (Elite Dangerous) recognizes the input. Same with the Joysticks.  😕

Hey there!  Can you please contact our support team to help you with the issue you are experiencing? Thanks!

EtienneArchamba
Level 3

Where are you finding 1.40 unity integration? The oculus developer download site and the developer forum both say 1.39 is still the latest available.

You have to go on the asset store - that's where they keep the latest. Make sure you clear the old version in your "AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Oculus\ScriptingIntegration\Oculus Integration.unitypackage" otherwise you'll keep reimporting 1.39.

Using 1.40 does not make 2018.xx work for me 😕

ShiroiSakuraVR
Level 4
This Update is a completly downgrade for me.

- Controllers works totally strange now. If i try to walk in games it feels like i walk on iceground and "slide" forward even if iam not pushing the sticks anymore 
- my left arm in games moove sometimes with if iam just mooving my right controller. Means my left hand stucks in my right hand and is mooving with it. In EVERY game, VRChat, Beat Saber, No Mans Sky.
- Microphone still goes off randomly (support ticket open since weeks and even they dont find a solution but say at the same time that it would be no hardware issue)

So yeah....with every update i go more and more to think about to talk with amazon if i can send it back, get my money back and buy a Vive or Index directly. If even the support cant help and say from the beginning this is no hardware issue even if feeled 100 Million people report the same problem with the mic feels like a excuse to not give any kind of support. 

ShowbizDonkey
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Emphasizing again: Please make sure you're using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software for any issues you're hitting with this new software release. That is truly the best way to get the latest information in front of our engineers eyes so that they can squash any new bugs. Thanks!

magaluco
Level 2
Hi

The 1.41 update came with a bug on the right controller, there is a delay/miss on the trigger button, very 'visible' in Robo Recall when trying to shoot quick.i opted out of the beta program, oculus reverted to  version 1.40 and everything is working ok now.hope it is fixed in the next update