cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.42 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash
  • We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for!

Home
  • When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.
---

Once again, apologies for the delay in getting these posted! If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
63 REPLIES 63

Misopithicus
Protege
Sorry to interupt but when i updated my oculus app it said that i need windows 10... I am running on windows 10...

cercata
Expert Protege
Aleluyah !!!! Optional Home Launch !!!!!

I'll no longer be a Homeless and I'll start using HOME 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yay - new Optional Home Launch setting will be great, also will appreciate the new search feature in the Store.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Wow, 1.42 ptc seems fantastic so far.  Fixed the issue I was having with pressing dash buttons with final 1.41.  Plus the bonus of finally being able to go homeless!  You just need to go to the Oculus App/settings/general  and the setting switch for this is on the bottom of that pane.  Seems to halve my cpu/gpu % usages compared to even a pretty bare Oculus Home.  Probably not a lot of difference once you are actually running a game though.  Nice one Oculus, thanks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant

Home

• We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.

Thanks for listening. (whoever it was).
I'm back in the PTC again.
Being homeless never felt so good.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kevinwarhaft
Adventurer
why cant oculus go get this also
kevin warhaft

Dan1018
Adventurer
Dear Oculus developers did you fxed the two major bugs affecting our gameplay sessions?

I mean this one: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/77094/rift-s-touch-controller-positional-tracking-t...

And this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/czvjt4/your_rift_s_grips_are_laggy_due_to_a_defect

I play in the competitive scene, ESL vr tournaments and basically I cannot play good because of those bugs, what can I do? Please help I’m desperate those problems are too big for competitive scene.
The dudes from the VRML community often reaches me because they know I have Oculus S asking me if Oculus S is it a good VR device for competitive, because their teammates want to buy and are seeking for suggestions, and I have to say: be aware there are those huge bugs, wait until oculus devs fix it. But the device has been released 6 months ago and I cannot see a solution yet, please help, it’s a hell playing like this

HailHoge
Explorer
hello again.
displayport not working yet.
I'll give you information on every PTC update.
i sent log.
cheer.
PalitGPU GTX1080Ti product code:NEB108T019LC-1021F

Anonymous
Not applicable
I notice now in 1.42 when you close Oculus on desktop it does not close, but minimizes to tray.
Have to right click the tray icon and choose to close it.