cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.42 PTC Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Dash
  • We have added a new search feature within the Dash Store tab. This will allow you to more quickly find the games and apps you’re looking for!

Home
  • When you drop into Home for the first time, you’ll now see a new brief overview of the features and potential of Oculus Home.
  • We added a new toggle for automatically launching Home. Switching this setting off will stop Home from auto-launching in scenarios like jumping into VR and exiting out of apps. You can find this option within the Settings > General menu inside Oculus desktop app.
  • We have added a new agreement to the UGC upload process. Before a new UGC item can be uploaded for use, you are required to attest that you own this content and that it does not violate any trademarks.
---

Once again, apologies for the delay in getting these posted! If you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
63 REPLIES 63

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

My Dash had a fatal error shortly after this latest update today.
I have never seen that before.

Was it Fatal-Fatal or did you manage to revive it ok?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

Lol, yeah was able to revive it.

Rosgillies
Adventurer

dburne said:

TomCgcmfc said:

dburne said:

Lol, yeah was able to revive it.

Yep, happened to me too. Full reboot and all seems well,

Yobiwan29
Adventurer
  :#  Please fix the download issues ! Downloading is a hassle on oculus store, especially in case of low speed ADSL or 4G. Downloads frequently stop, every 5 minutes or so, and I have to manually restart again, and again... Asgard's Wrath was impossible to download here. No problem on Steam, or others app stores.
Oculus Quest 2 & 3 - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i9 9900K - 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - RTX 3080

DanielGagne
Honored Guest

Orkel said:

Static mic bug still happens in 1.42 branch. Random times when talking in social VR my voice (and my friend's with his S) turns into a second of staticy, robotic crackly voice before returning to normal.
Sometimes the voice is permanent instead of just a second - and requires a replugging of the USB to be fixed.
PC hardware is irrelevant, I got it on my old and new PC and my friend got it on his old and new PC, I've read of others also getting this issue both on these forums and on Reddit. This is a software or firmware issue that needs fixing. Might be related to USB bandwidth or be related to the old "static flash" visual bug.

Same here. I'm still having this issue with the robotic voice that my friends are hearing from me when playing vr with them. I also hear all sorts cracking and static sound. 

From what I can read in the comments here and on reddit, this is affecting many users.

Please, Oculus, work on these issues instead of adding fancy things and nice to have to the home app, and  don't ask me to uninstall/reinstall or try different usb ports because I already tried.

I will open a ticket to let them know that I'm affected by these two issues and everyone else having these should do too.

MPires
Heroic Explorer
I'm also with the robotic voice when using the mic.

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be nice if they could fix the mic issues with either firmware or software.
I am having my doubts they can, so using a USB desktop mic. It works at all times, something my Rift S mic will not do.

Orkel
Adventurer
Another Beta update, 8 parts.

manxjason
Explorer
Any patch notes?

HailHoge
Explorer
thank you for update.
displayport is not working 1.42.0.309426.
displayport stay connected 10sec. but disconnected after 10sec.
depending on the USB port, the time may stay connected 5sec.
i got both logs and sent.

he has same issues. and he has ticket too.
It seems that he investigating in more detail than me. his ticket may be useful.
what is interesting in his case is that it worked properly with Rift (not Rift S).