cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift Build 14.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of February 24, 2020.

Oculus Link

• The Quest microphone has been re-enabled for use with Link.
  • A dedicated Oculus Link button has been added to the Oculus Quest menu bar to make jumping into Link quicker and easier. Similarly, a button was added to the Dash belt that allows you to quickly exit Link when using it.
  • Link audio and microphone volume controls have been added to Dash and the Oculus desktop app.
  • Moving forward, Oculus Link no longer requires that the Quest software and the PC software have matching version numbers. However, the two software versions must be within one version of the other. For example, Link will function when the Quest is on software version 14 and the PC is software version 15 or the PC software is version 14 and the Quest software is version 13. It will not work if Quest is on version 13 and PC is on version 15 or vice versa.

Miscellaneous

• Fixed a bug that prevented Oculus Link from working when the resolution had been adjusted with the Oculus Debug Tool.
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Oculus Link from launching when the Link cable was disconnected and reconnected after ending a previous Link session.
  • Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
123 REPLIES 123

motorsep
Rising Star

Quick clarification regarding Link items: some of the new functionality listed here requires your Quest to be on v14 software. That hasn't started rolling out yet, so hang tight for that!

When? :smile:

DSolt
Explorer

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Anyone got the Oculus Video app and can check using v14 PTC if there's sound when playing Vimeo videos? Thanks a lot!

Oculus Support asked me to check this, but it'll take hours to download v14 etc using my slow connection, sigh...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

huliqan
Adventurer
how to disable download oculus-worlds in each update???((( 
I do not use the room, but with each update I have to download the extra 10 gigabytes!(((((((((((((((((((((((

Anonymous
Not applicable

huliqan said:

how to disable download oculus-worlds in each update???((( 
I do not use the room, but with each update I have to download the extra 10 gigabytes!(((((((((((((((((((((((

With each update??

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

Anyone got the Oculus Video app and can check using v14 PTC if there's sound when playing Vimeo videos? Thanks a lot!

Oculus Support asked me to check this, but it'll take hours to download v14 etc using my slow connection, sigh...

How in the world do you download all those games you play then?

DaSpic
Honored Guest
Is the ipd display pop up being fixed in quest?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone at all care about the insanely low performance of Unreal Engine games in Rift S? Seems the S has been pretty much abandoned and all focus on the quest, and in the process something has broken it

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried V14 and all the same problems remain. Rift S is still unplayable after almost 3 months.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
If V15 PTC doesn't include major fixes for the Rift S, Oculus is done for, ever since V12, people with the CV1 and Rift S have been having major issues with their HMDs, all because these people wanted to experiment merging the quest with PC HMDs, force Facebook down our throats and completely ignore anything and everything people have posted over and over, saying they've fixed or cannot replicate the issue with their stations, this is ridiculous and ever since Carmak moved on from VR, the Quality of software for VR had gone down by a lot, only remains a bunch of complacent and from what it seems, untrained workers who push out broken updates and go radio silent on their community, only focusing on the Oculus Quest.

Shame on you.