cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S compatibility issue on Laptop

TheGoldenEagle2
Level 2
Hello all,
I have a HP Pavilion Power Gaming Laptop 15t on which i want to connect my oculus Rift S. The issue is that it only support Display port. So i bought a display port to USB c converter in order to be able to connect it to my laptop. The other issue was that my USB C connector is physically connected to my Intel integrated Graphic Card and not my NVidia GTX 1050Ti dedicated Graphic card ( see pic below) .
In addition, the Display port to HDMI converter does not work with oculus rift s as i read on the web. 
My Concern is if i can buy an eGPU and connect it to my laptop and to my oculus rift s, knowing that my USB c port contains a thunderbolt, in order to fix the compatibility issue and Start using my oculus rift s on my laptop?

thank you in advance.

tmquggdz8xsl.png
3 REPLIES 3

PITTCANNA
Level 11
you need to go into device managere and disable the intel hd graphics.
When using Nvidia GPU shoiuld I disable mobo onboard graphics Solved -  Windows 10 Forums

PITTCANNA
Level 11
then save and reboot

TheGoldenEagle2
Level 2

PITTCANNA said:

you need to go into device managere and disable the intel hd graphics.
When using Nvidia GPU shoiuld I disable mobo onboard graphics Solved -  Windows 10 Forums

hello thank you for your reply.

You meant after i attach the eGPU i should disable the intel graphic card and it should work 100% ?