cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S controller issue

BAT.Templar
Protege
Hi folks
Everything was going swimmingly until, today. Played Gunheart as usual yesterday and all was good.
today when i try to jump into VR i see my hands on the floor, they can "spin round "but  no other movement.
I also note that the boundaries in the guardian system show red even though i am well within the bounds of my play area (200cm x 200 cm)
I have checked all drivers... all up to date.
Checked connections.... all good
changed batteries .. all good
re-paired the controllers ... same
basically i am left with VR with no controllers
The only thing i haven't done is reinstall/repair the oculus home software.
any ideas folks ? this is busting my nadgers big time!
i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz ,Asus Tuf Z170 mk 1,SAbrent Rocket gold 1TB M.2 SSD, WD Blue 500GB SSD M.2 2280, OCZ agility 240GB, 2TB HDD, Seagate Plus 6TB Desktop Hard Drive with USB Hub, Corsair Vengeance 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz, XFX Radeon (TM) R9 390, SB X-Fi Surround 5.1, KLIM Impact usb headset, Acer XR341CK monitor, BenQ GL240-T monitor, Roccat Suora keyboard, mionis naos 7000 mouse, innatek PCIE 4 port usb  hub, Logitech Z906 5.1's + Rift S touch
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Jeez mate we don't want you to have busted nadgers do we  😄 try the repair option, best for now mate
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
w7fi0m7aw4vy.gif
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

BAT.Templar
Protege
they ache mightily! got in contact with oculus support and went through a rigmarole of this and that and safe mode and uninstalling and removing hidden files .... and.... reinstalled ...same.
So awaiting my new replacement headset
i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz ,Asus Tuf Z170 mk 1,SAbrent Rocket gold 1TB M.2 SSD, WD Blue 500GB SSD M.2 2280, OCZ agility 240GB, 2TB HDD, Seagate Plus 6TB Desktop Hard Drive with USB Hub, Corsair Vengeance 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz, XFX Radeon (TM) R9 390, SB X-Fi Surround 5.1, KLIM Impact usb headset, Acer XR341CK monitor, BenQ GL240-T monitor, Roccat Suora keyboard, mionis naos 7000 mouse, innatek PCIE 4 port usb  hub, Logitech Z906 5.1's + Rift S touch

wolf_walker78
Explorer
Same issue, still, after lots of tech support and a replacement unit.  I gave up for now.  

The_Viceman
Explorer
I've had this controller issue few times. I got rid of it when I turned all the powersaving options off from windows, but this issue came back after latest major Windows update. I tracked the problem to be somehow caused because of Windows 10 concentration mode. Atleast it feels like that, everytime I started a game and when the concentration mode went on the controllers stopped working (they rotated but couldn't move) and also headset stopped tracking (moving). When I once again turned all the powersaving options and completely disabled the contentration mode, I havent got this issue any more.  Hopefully someone else can also test this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this controller issue few times. I got rid of it when I turned all the powersaving options off from windows, but this issue came back after latest major Windows update. I tracked the problem to be somehow caused because of Windows 10 concentration mode. Atleast it feels like that, everytime I started a game and when the concentration mode went on the controllers stopped working (they rotated but couldn't move) and also headset stopped tracking (moving). When I once again turned all the powersaving options and completely disabled the contentration mode, I havent got this issue any more.  Hopefully someone else can also test this. 

What is concentration mode for Windows 10?

The_Viceman
Explorer

dburne said:

What is concentration mode for Windows 10?

I mispelled it first time.. its actually called Focus assist. Sorry about that