cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S endless problems

XLStoic
Honored Guest

I just received my oculus rift S yesterday and haven't been able to come close to getting it to work. First there was a problem with the software that once I chose a profile picture the software would just go blank after searching for 5 hours I finally found a solution. After that was fixed I then got the prompt to set everything up like my guardian. It says proceed in the VR to set up. Then there is nothing there nothing shows up in my oculus. Then while in the software I keep getting this notification that I do not have a password set for my oculus account and that they will send an email to me to set it. Never get the email, changed emails, still do not get it. Tried setting it from the website and even creating a new account still nothing. The software also says that my computer does not meet the specifications to run the oculus. I look over the specifications and my computer has more than enough to run it. I've punched 3 holes in my wall and if this isn't resolved by today I am sending it back and getting something else. Absolute terrible experience.

5 REPLIES 5

mongolmal
Honored Guest

How did you fix your first problem? I'm having the exact same problem and I don't know how to fix it. I'm stuck on the blank grey screen after choosing your prolife picture. 

ScarTheFur
Explorer

Describes my day perfectly 

After it being two days late on what was a next day delivery (thanks fedex), so I'm supremely tilted.  Having the password issue now.

mongolmal
Honored Guest

Thanks. Managed to fix the black screen problem following the guide you provided but now having the password issue. Lol. Any luck fixing it?