cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S is looking to be more and more a piece of freaking garbage

Soulless512
Expert Protege
I swear I have had more problems with this rift than I did my old one and right now I am feeling that if I had known how much of a pain in the padded ass and how horrible this thing is I would not have sold my CV1. $428 I expect the damn thing to work properly, I just got a 2nd headset and went to use passthrough, and now cant turn it off and get display back, I have lost tracking with my controllers 3 times in less than 2 damn minutes. This thing is a fucking joke, I am tempted to just take this shit back to Bestbuy get a fucking refund and be completely done with VR. This is bullshit.
12 REPLIES 12

antitrust42
Expert Protege
same, i pack mine tomorrow and return this garbage ! 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I swear I have had more problems with this rift than I did my old one and right now I am feeling that if I had known how much of a pain in the padded ass and how horrible this thing is I would not have sold my CV1. $428 I expect the damn thing to work properly, I just got a 2nd headset and went to use passthrough, and now cant turn it off and get display back, I have lost tracking with my controllers 3 times in less than 2 damn minutes. This thing is a fucking joke, I am tempted to just take this shit back to Bestbuy get a fucking refund and be completely done with VR. This is bullshit.

I feel your pain mate.  If I had not have kept my good old cv1 (which I'm once again using now) I think I would just ride out the Rift S saga.  I'm sure it will get sorted out eventually.  VR is just too good to get out of and you probably already have a lot invested in Oculus Store games.  Hang in there man!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Chips4hoy
Protege
I returned my first rift S for the same problem(s) and am crossing fingers the second set (due to arrive for pick up at my local store this Friday,) hoping the problems were from the first headset itself.  If i encounter the same problems, i'm hoping the Oculus team roll out an update QUICKLY.  the fact that it's been out 10 days or so and they havent done jack shit really bugs me, and i'm sure thousands of others.

Soulless512
Expert Protege
This is my second one, hence why i am so damn pissed off. I keep losing tracking on the damn controllers, the black screen issue is gone and now i am faced with this. If i cannot get this sorted out, i am going to return it and say fuck it, cause im telling you right now the valve index is looking more and more promising as the days go on

Soulless512
Expert Protege
God so ridiculous, should not be losing tracking within 5 FUCKING minutes especially when the damn controllers are right in front of me. I can say this, if I take this 2nd headset back, im getting a full damn refund and staying the fuck away from Oculus and VR. $428 is not worth this horse shit or headache

Soulless512
Expert Protege
What irritates me is that I sold my CV1 thinking this one would be good, boy was i wrong. I will give it too more damn days of trying to sort out, if by Friday I still cant fix it, then back to store with it and full refund and most likely will just get the damn valve index 

antitrust42
Expert Protege
i go for the valve index , for me oculus is worse and bad support and bad in al side 
software broken, headset bad conception, etc.. 

i want pay more to get a better headset , beacause in canada 650$ for that is totally a pure garbage

Soulless512
Expert Protege
Well just went 1 hour no issue at all, reinstalled the software, moved usb to a usb 3.1 port. So far so good

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you bought from Best Buy, then all sales are final after you opened the packaging. At least that's their rule here in Canada.