cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S is the only PC headset that has issues with black / static screens and loss of tracking.

UBSERDS_SECOND
Explorer
I have an original Oculus Rift CV1 and I purchased the Rift S which worked great until Oculus updated. Now I’m having the same issues as a lot of other people in the forums.

The interesting thing is that once I hooked up my original Oculus Rift with three sensors, the issues are gone completely. I have full tracking, no black screens or white static.  So if you’ve been on the fence about hooking up your old Rift “if you still have it” I’d do that to continue playing until everything is sorted through a software update on the S.

I am in original CV1 early adopter and I remember for two years there were issues with everything from stutters to tracking issues which Oculus never owned up to. From what I’m hearing from many forum posts they are at it again with excuses and false troubleshooting tactics.

God I hope this will not be a repeat of that 2 year fiasco. 

Very disappointed because it worked flawlessly until the Oculus update. 

#FACEPALM
19 REPLIES 19

UBSERDS_SECOND
Explorer
A moderator asked why don’t I roll back drivers and opt out of oculus beta in this post but it seems he may have deleted what he said because it magically disappeared from what I can see??

My answer is because we shouldn’t have to do that.  Plus that’s not a guaranteed fix and I haven’t seen any proof that it is. I’m not trying to be a jerk but this shouldn’t be a solution. Before an update goes live there should be rigorous testing knowing that these things can be experience breaking, No?

UBSERDS_SECOND
Explorer
 This is my second Oculus account hence the name UBSERDS_SECOND if you’re wondering why I only have two posts and I’ve had issues for two years. I’ve got two PCS with Rifts for multiplayer. I’m a big supporter of this company and that’s why it hurts me a lot to see this continually happen.

Loving the Quest though no complaints there at all ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forums hate Users with 2 Accounts. It's the reason I'm banned for life from Elite's Forum. Totally non understanding of any good reason to have a 2nd account. It's just pathetic they are all paranoid. Good luck in waiting along with all of us for any fixes.

UBSERDS_SECOND
Explorer
They can hate all they want. I’m not spamming or breaking rules, I just wanted to provide a PSA to those of us with issues and to vent a bit. Yeah hopefully they fix it secretly like they always do one of these days. Until then the CV1 it is ??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's just say @UBSERD (FIRST) does not exist then 😉

UBSERDS_SECOND
Explorer

Zappovitz
Honored Guest
Hi ...

Just to let you know I too have this problem, and I totally agree with you on this matter.
It sure looks like it hasent been tested for very long ... if I delivered that kind of software, I would be expected to work on it day and night and ultimately pay for someone else to fix the problem that I am not able to fix.
Ohh yeahh ... we ALWAYS have a roolback stategy.

I tell everyone to get a second hand CV1 instead of the S. The better display just dosent compensate for the other flaws.

Anonymous
Not applicable

A moderator asked why don’t I roll back drivers and opt out of oculus beta in this post but it seems he may have deleted what he said because it magically disappeared from what I can see??

My answer is because we shouldn’t have to do that.  Plus that’s not a guaranteed fix and I haven’t seen any proof that it is. I’m not trying to be a jerk but this shouldn’t be a solution. Before an update goes live there should be rigorous testing knowing that these things can be experience breaking, No?

That's why they call it the Public Test Channel mate. So that the public can test the latest update in multiple home environments on multiple different PCs and get feedback. The only thing that needs rigorous testing is the final release candidate.

UBSERDS_SECOND
Explorer
Thanks for the response @snowdog. So if I unsubscribe from the beta and restart Oculus completely and do setup again, this has been known to fix the issues I’ve stated above?