cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S screen becomes grainy/snowy for a fraction of a second every once in a while for no reason

euliver
Honored Guest
I already updated all possibly related drivers (Windows 10, Oculus and Nvidia) and checked the cable connections on both ends, it doesn't seem to be a connectivity problem as far as I can tell. It doesn't seem to be related to moving the cable or not at all. The screen just randomly turns grainy/snowy (like a grainy TV screen used to I guess) for a fraction of a second for no reason while playing games, but immediately returns to normal. It just flashes. Doesn't matter which game or software I try either. I'm worried it might be a hardware problem, but that seems unlikely too, wouldn't the Rift S just shut off completely if it just lost connection? Not sure. Anyway, it isn't all that bothersome and happens rarely and randomly, but I'd certainly prefer it if this wouldn't happen anymore, and not just because I fear it might become worse. I hope it's a software problem and that I can find out what causes it soon, so that I won't have to return the unit.

142 REPLIES 142

nickyb78
Protege
Im getting this as well. Its a white flash. It doesnt happen often like you say but im thinking its maybe something to do with the displayport. This is the only question iv seen on the problem i couldnt find anyone appart from your question. Its not a major problem but it does take you out of the experience as your always waiting for it to happen again 

Switcher83
Explorer
Same Problem here. Realy anoying. Happens in iRacing. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Pretty sure those occasional flashes (I get them every 30-60 minutes) will be fixed with the next Rift-S software/firmware updates.  Oculus Support is well aware of this by now and have said that they are working on it.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

stch7299
Explorer
I have the same issue in iracing, running the trucks at mosport about every 2 or 3 laps in the same spot. At Charlotte in the cup car about 5 or 6 laps. Other than that the S is awesome.

GERMINATOR33
Protege
I have the same in DCS Digital combat simulator , Eve valkyrie (and no sound in Eve Valakyrie) but it was good int in robot recall or lone echo.

pimboeen
Honored Guest
same issue here in iRacing, not always, but some flashes in one minute, and then nothing , maybe 30-60 minutes.

Snooter
Honored Guest
Same issue here in R3E. During some races everything is ok, during other races I get 1, 2, 3 flashes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue here.

Zahariel
Expert Protege
There is a post about this in the support section - Everyone who has it needs to submit a ticket so as to give the devs as much information about the cause(s) and how widespread it is.