cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S touch controllers flickering again

AMacdonald
Protege
For a day or two now, presumably since the latest update, my touch controllers have started flickering in-game, but not all the time. The Oculus menu is fine but as soon as Home loads, one or other of the touch controllers will start flickering and vibrating at a fairly constant rate. It usually seems to be the right controller but it sometimes switches to the left one. I haven't been able to work out what provokes it to switch over. When it flickers, the background is visible through the controller. I've tried new batteries and tried removing them for a few minutes. When I had this problem a couple of months ago I fixed it by opting into the beta channel but I guess the poor code has caught up with me. Opting in and out of the beta channel makes no difference, nor does a full uninstall/reinstall. Again, the oculus menu is fine and the hands are visible. It's only when Home (or almost any game - Google Earth VR is fine for some reason) loads that the problems become apparent.

I see I'm not totally alone but has anyone identified a solution?
149 REPLIES 149

albertdotinga
Explorer
i upgraded to v19 i only have some lag but no more double hands >:)

FelicityC
Adventurer

storuanpd said:

This downgrade 'hack' has literally saved Oculus from loosing me as a customer! They should thank those who have helped us get back up and running!

watch out for signs of an abuser in your relationships, they often manipulate you into believing it's worth staying when you should still leave regardless...
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

chriscooperauto
Honored Guest
Reporting my Touch controllers rapidly spinning, flickering, reappearing, requiring multiple clicks to initiate. 

storuanpd
Explorer

FelicityC said:

storuanpd said:

This downgrade 'hack' has literally saved Oculus from loosing me as a customer! They should thank those who have helped us get back up and running!

watch out for signs of an abuser in your relationships, they often manipulate you into believing it's worth staying when you should still leave regardless...

You aren't kidding! LOL

BenHasAids
Honored Guest

C463 said:

No update?  No fix?  No rollback?  Our brand new $400 VR kits are useless and completely inoperable over the holiday weekend?  What, do they want us to go outside and get Coronavirus or something?

Yo! opt into the PTC in settings. they fixed it. 400$ paperweight no more

LargeDeal
Honored Guest
Mine started working on PTC v19.

Inconceivablee
Honored Guest
Mine is still broken on PTC v19. I'm losing my goddamn mind at this bullshit, I've been trying to fix it for 40 hours now
fuck this fucking headset

Inconceivablee
Honored Guest
what a fucking waste of 400 dollars, I've had it for 6 months, and there hasn't been a time where everything fucking worked. I got a new one and it still has the same problematic bullshit. The entertainment isn't worth it if the software seems like it's been made by monkeys with thumbs up their asses.
Edit: Sorry for the long rant but I'm tired and done with this trial and error garbage.

ctbullett300
Honored Guest
Opt into the beta "Public Test Channel"
Worked for me.

R-Rova
Explorer
I got my VR to finally work today. I was about to play Alyx as my first VR experience and then my controllers start to flicker...
Great first experience..