cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S will not turn off.

KnightMason
Protege
After finding workarounds for a number of other issues, now my Oculus will not turn off at all. It shines a white light from inside the headset and the controllers stay active and drain away all day.
Is this a recent "upbreak" or is this a known issue that I failed to find in the list others are posting about?
It's strange becuase my previous CV1 had an issue where the controllers would fall asleep after 2 minutes of sitting still. Which was common in many games for the left hand.
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it is a known issue.

sraura
Heroic Explorer
I believe that the beta build of oculus app fixes some controller issues what comes to power management. Haven't installed that myself tho (as waiting for stable build).

If you refer to 1 white led inside Rift S (between the lenses), that seems to stay on all the time. However if your both lenses stay "lighted" all the time, double check that there is nothing blocking the sensor (which is next to the white led).

xSTONEMANx
Expert Protege
To be honest I've never noticed this issue I have always shut down my PC after use even back in the DK1 days. I never leave any of my PC's on if they are not being used 2- 4790k's with RTX 2080's one 2600k with a 970

22e28
Honored Guest
My rift controllers are constantly on. It's drains the batteries like crazy! I've had to replace them after 3 days because I never shut off my desktop. This is absurd...

MarkD76
Honored Guest

22e28 said:

My rift controllers are constantly on. It's drains the batteries like crazy! I've had to replace them after 3 days because I never shut off my desktop. This is absurd...

I've been using rechargeable batteries, but when I'm not using the controllers, I just take the batteries out. I wish they would have implemented a switch for the controllers, though. 

GamingTC2
Protege
Just close oculus vr runtime service.  White light goes to orange and no more battery drain on controllers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

22e28 said:

It has gotten somewhat better in the 1.39 PTC version of software, the white light on controllers does go out after a short time whereas before they were always blinking.