cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.28 Now on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've started rolling out the latest Rift SI version 1.28 to the Public Test Channel. Changes include support for nine new languages, and the release of new Oculus Avatars. Be sure to try placing the new Avatar Editor mirror in your Home, and take it with you for use in apps like Brass Tactics and Epic Rollercoasters.
  • New language support
    • We’ve added support across core software, including Dash, Oculus desktop app and Oculus Home, for the following languages: Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin American), Italian, Norwegian, and Polish.
    • You can change your language in the Oculus desktop app with the “Language Preference” option in the “General” tab on the “Settings” page.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • We’re starting to test personalized app recommendations on your Home Page.
    • We’ve added per-application language pack support for developers. As developers start to use this feature, you’ll see what languages are available for each application and set your specific language pack via the app’s Library detail panel.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • We’ve upgraded the Oculus Avatars with new custom hair, skin shading, clothing, and eyewear designs. You can customize your avatar from within Home: select the “Avatar Editor” mirror from the “Special Items” category and place anywhere in your Home.
    • Developers who upgrade to the latest Avatar SDK will be able to utilize these new avatars in their apps.
June 29th Update:
We're rolling out some new features in the current Rift SI version 1.28 Public Test Channel release, including our first step towards multiplayer functionality in Home!
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • We're starting to roll out social features for Home. You can now invite people to your Home. Up to eight people can hang out in the same Home at a given time, and if you set your Home privacy to friends-only, your friends will be able to come over to your home whenever they'd like. For the initial release, your Home will be locked while you have guests. That means activities like editing your Home or playing with interactive objects are not supported in the current release. That said, we'll add more functionality to multiplayer over the coming months!
    • We've added experimental support for broadcasting your Oculus Desktop in multiplayer using the new Dash panel embedding feature. There are some technical limitations, which you can read about in the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide.
    • New movement options are now available in Home. Check out your settings menu for a new “Movement” section where you can set up various options for moving around, including Walk Mode, Smooth Turning, and Snap Turning. While some of the new movement options like Walk Mode and Smooth Turning allow for direct control, they may not be comfortable for everyone. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
49 REPLIES 49

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool. I think many of us would love to have the option of a "no home" app/game launch just as Run As Admin was for OculusVR.exe but this stopped my mic working in Elite:Dangerous and will not revert back again. The improved performance was brilliant and is what we want from VR as a priority. OK?

Netheri
Rising Star

MAC_MAN86 said:

Cool. I think many of us would love to have the option of a "no home" app/game launch just as Run As Admin was for OculusVR.exe but this stopped my mic working in Elite:Dangerous and will not revert back again. The improved performance was brilliant and is what we want from VR as a priority. OK?

+1
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
I second that, plus an option to add 3rd party game shortcuts and customize their icons/pictures please.

We definitely need to look at how customizable Steamvr is compare to Oculus home.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
Anyone else having an issue with the avatar mirror?. I can place it and teleport to it, but i'm unable to access it, and end up with the pop up tethered to my controller =(
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
It's quite confusing that this new editor exists as well as the old one... when you click "Edit Avatar" on the Friends panel of Dash, it brings you to the old dedicated Avatar editor!

Anonymous
Not applicable
From a user that had stuttering issues in 1.27 I did not believe it could be made worse but 1.28 has completely destroyed any usability in Core 2.
And on another very concerning point 🙂 my carbon fibre hands have now become pink skin hands, can't check to see if they can be reinstated as the home environment had me on the edge of vomiting from the lag, stuttering and distortion occurring.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer

It's quite confusing that this new editor exists as well as the old one... when you click "Edit Avatar" on the Friends panel of Dash, it brings you to the old dedicated Avatar editor!

Does the new one on the mirror work for you mate?.  it doesn't actually do anything for me.
PC Specs:

Richooal
Consultant

Monstaah said:

Anyone else having an issue with the avatar mirror?. I can place it and teleport to it, but i'm unable to access it, and end up with the pop up tethered to my controller =(

It works fine for me.
I don't want to state the obvious, but are you teleporting to the marker on the floor below the mirror? It kind of snaps in place when it's in the right position.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer

Richooal said:

It works fine for me.
I don't want to state the obvious, but are you teleporting to the marker on the floor below the mirror? It kind of snaps in place when it's in the right position.

Yeah, got no problem with teleporting to the blue spot on the floor, just doesn't do anything when I click edit avatar. I've tried it both with the room locked and unlocked, and nothing. 
PC Specs: