cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.28 Now on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've started rolling out the latest Rift SI version 1.28 to the Public Test Channel. Changes include support for nine new languages, and the release of new Oculus Avatars. Be sure to try placing the new Avatar Editor mirror in your Home, and take it with you for use in apps like Brass Tactics and Epic Rollercoasters.
  • New language support
    • We’ve added support across core software, including Dash, Oculus desktop app and Oculus Home, for the following languages: Danish, Finnish, Dutch, Swedish, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin American), Italian, Norwegian, and Polish.
    • You can change your language in the Oculus desktop app with the “Language Preference” option in the “General” tab on the “Settings” page.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • We’re starting to test personalized app recommendations on your Home Page.
    • We’ve added per-application language pack support for developers. As developers start to use this feature, you’ll see what languages are available for each application and set your specific language pack via the app’s Library detail panel.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • We’ve upgraded the Oculus Avatars with new custom hair, skin shading, clothing, and eyewear designs. You can customize your avatar from within Home: select the “Avatar Editor” mirror from the “Special Items” category and place anywhere in your Home.
    • Developers who upgrade to the latest Avatar SDK will be able to utilize these new avatars in their apps.
June 29th Update:
We're rolling out some new features in the current Rift SI version 1.28 Public Test Channel release, including our first step towards multiplayer functionality in Home!
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • We're starting to roll out social features for Home. You can now invite people to your Home. Up to eight people can hang out in the same Home at a given time, and if you set your Home privacy to friends-only, your friends will be able to come over to your home whenever they'd like. For the initial release, your Home will be locked while you have guests. That means activities like editing your Home or playing with interactive objects are not supported in the current release. That said, we'll add more functionality to multiplayer over the coming months!
    • We've added experimental support for broadcasting your Oculus Desktop in multiplayer using the new Dash panel embedding feature. There are some technical limitations, which you can read about in the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide.
    • New movement options are now available in Home. Check out your settings menu for a new “Movement” section where you can set up various options for moving around, including Walk Mode, Smooth Turning, and Snap Turning. While some of the new movement options like Walk Mode and Smooth Turning allow for direct control, they may not be comfortable for everyone. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
49 REPLIES 49

Richooal
Consultant

June 29th Update:
We're rolling out some new features in the current Rift SI version 1.28 Public Test Channel release, including our first step towards multiplayer functionality in Home!
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • We've added experimental support for broadcasting your Oculus Desktop in multiplayer using the new Dash panel embedding feature. There are some technical limitations, which you can read about in the Rift Core 2.0 beta user guide.

Maybe I'm just a bit too conservative, but sharing my desktop with VR "friends" seems a little too much.

June 29th Update:
    • New movement options are now available in Home. Check out your settings menu for a new “Movement” section where you can set up various options for moving around, including Walk Mode, Smooth Turning, and Snap Turning. While some of the new movement options like Walk Mode and Smooth Turning allow for direct control, they may not be comfortable for everyone. 

These controls work really well. I'm sure lots of users will like this.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

kzintzi
Trustee
there is an annoying popup on my wrist telling me to invite friends.. it won't go away regardless of what I do, though I'll admit I haven't rebooted my PC yet.

and yes @LZoltowski I used the feedback form to tell Oculus :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here with the pop up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any chance we can get hats back?  And maybe some non-wild and crazy glasses?  I much prefer my old avatar, because it actually resembled me, and wasn't distracting.  These avatars are pretty uncanny imho.  Better yet, could we just get Facebook Spaces avatars in Home?  Those are far more appealing if you want to go in the direction of "more naturalistic".

If we don't get our hats, glasses and textures back, I suggest we do a mutiny on the forum. Who's with me?!
Seriously though, I guess they didn't put all the content in because it's just beta, that would make sense. I have high hopes that we will get our awesome characters back.
As for Facebook Avatars, I don't find them more realistic. They look like drawings... drawings that I would have made. And that's not a compliment xD!
Anyway, if I don't get to look like this :
uepmxda7evgb.jpg

I'm out of VR. Well, not really, but that would still suck xD!

Digikid1
Consultant
Glasses are still there. However I lost my awesome red see through skin. Bring that back. 

vannagirl
Consultant
The wrist invite thing does not work at all and i am unable to pass it, its my only home option now and just loops

the avatar tab appears to of gone completely from my friends tab.

Please give us the choice for our old avatars, i got a really great likeness even if im see through 🙂 but please gives us options
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
I'm gonna be a lone voice and stand up and say, I actually prefer the new skin tones option vs the old colourful ones!!.  but yeah I do miss my hat (and the hairstyle that came with it) and the shades I had as well, look forward to their return..
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃

Digikid1
Consultant

Monstaah said:

I'm gonna be a lone voice and stand up and say, I actually prefer the new skin tones option vs the old colourful ones!!.  but yeah I do miss my hat (and the hairstyle that came with it) and the shades I had as well, look forward to their return..

Each is entitled to their own opinions of course.....but they could’ve left the older stuff in. NOTHING pisses off users more than having options taken away from them. That’s an excellent way to lose customers. 

TickTock
Heroic Explorer
OK.  So how do I get the "click here to invite friends to your home" (or something like that) balloon to go away.  It is stuck on my wrist and won't go away (been through multiple power cycles, and clicked through all the menus).
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
 -Groucho Marx

Digikid1
Consultant

TickTock said:

OK.  So how do I get the "click here to invite friends to your home" (or something like that) balloon to go away.  It is stuck on my wrist and won't go away (been through multiple power cycles, and clicked through all the menus).

You can't.  It's a bug that needs to be taken care of.....AND SOON!!!!