cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI Release 1.27 Rolling Out to Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
The latest Rift SI version 1.27 is beginning to rolling out now to the Public Test Channel. We've updated the Oculus desktop app with search improvements and a new results page, and added some new features for Library management. There's also a new uncommon item in Home that supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community... See something you like or have a new feature idea? Share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and as always, please report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.
  • Oculus desktop app
    • Updates to search, including experimentation of a new results page to browse, sort, and filter results.
    • Improved Library management with new options for sorting and filtering. We've also updated hiding functionality so it's now persistent across the desktop app.
    • Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta
    • Dash:
      • New overlay UI shows the distance and scale of Dash panels as you position them with the thumbstick.
      • Added various stability improvements.
    • Home:
      • There's an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm all for variety and welcome updates. Just would still welcome the option to always return to CLASSIC HOME after it is finally released. However, we are all experiencing less fps and this to some means a drop from 90 to below 45 due to ASW. For me I always get from 30 to 45fps anyways due to my old PC. It works fine for me but look for any possible method of maximizing my RAM. Does the old method of Run As Admin on the OculusVR.exe still work and then run the games direct and if not can you allow this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any news of a free locomotion option yet? It's been the most requested feature since suggestions started.

TonserTonni
Explorer

MAC_MAN86 said:

......Does the old method of Run As Admin on the OculusVR.exe still work and then run the games direct and if not can you allow this?

Seconding this.

kzintzi
Trustee
Gotta say, LOVE the fact that this is in the Rift forum and not the General one :smile:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
"Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates."
I hope there will be also a message system and a notification when playing 3rd party games from unknow source

No device renaming to detect easily what usb to replug ?

RattyUK
Trustee
Is one of the new additions multiple library locations @cybereality ? Or did I just miss it in the first place - just moved Arizona Sunshine to my NVMe drive 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP

RattyUK said:

Is one of the new additions multiple library locations @cybereality ? Or did I just miss it in the first place - just moved Arizona Sunshine to my NVMe drive 🙂

That was added a while back. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

Is there any news of a free locomotion option yet? It's been the most requested feature since suggestions started.

Honestly, there are zero games I play with teleportation. It's really irritating going from playing something like In Death, an archery game with free locomotion, to Oculus Home, where I have my archery range set up, because every now and then I'll want to move slightly to the right and hit the stick out of muscle memory, but then I'll end up three feet in front of me, facing a new direction.

If Oculus Home was a game, it'd be sitting derelict in my library just like Robo Recall or The Unspoken.

Thmoas
Rising Star
I never wander around OH and don't care. Free locomotion might change my mind. Nothing beats the freedom of free locomotion. I think they will never do it though, people are not used to it and they only want to provide "easy" choices in their UI (like, no "advanced" button).