cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED Rift S, sensors can't track headset

Ash4ord
Explorer
Had my Rift S for 3 weeks had issues with it connecting out of the box but after some messing around unplugging and re plugging the cables i was always able to get it to work again. For the last 2 day's however i have been getting a sensor check error. I have gone through all the troubleshooting guides i can find online,

Camera privacy settings
No display adapters or extension cables being used
Rift is plugged directly into main GPU which is a RX5700
Latest GPU drivers are installed
No Visible damage to cable and i can play music fine through the headphones on the rift from my computer
All USB power saving options are off.
I have tried every USB3 port including  two different Pcie USB3 add on cards which i now have to return to amazon and cover postage costs because neither solved the issue, i have also tried connecting the rift with all other usb devices removed.
I have tried repairing and reinstalling the oculus software multiple times downloading 5gigs each time
The Rift was previously working fine on the same set up with the same settings now it won't pass the sensor check.

Started an oculus support ticket, so far they have just asked me to check the above which i have already done, waiting to hear back from them again now. In the mean time i have a £400+ paper weight.

cyhpuv4oeso6.jpg

c8mxsvf2btb3.jpg1c1ca6h8zdph.jpg
3 REPLIES 3

Ash4ord
Explorer
Update

I finally found the problem!

I installed a  StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card (PEXUSB3S2EI) it came with its own drivers which i installed and was getting the sensor check error, I deleted the drivers that it came with and let windows install its own generic drivers and it passed the sensor check within seconds and is now working fine and auto connecting after restarts etc. 

I felt it was only right to update this thread rather than abandon it after finding a solution, I was convinced the problem was with the rift and turns out it was the drivers, technically you could argue that the rift is fussy about usb drivers so technically its still partly at fault as all my other devices worked with the other drivers. That said its now working fine so anybody who may read this in the future can see a solution as i have come across a lot of other threads around the internet with the same problem and you don't always see a reply when a solution is found and this can leave a impression of the rift. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ash4ord said:

Update

I finally found the problem!

I installed a  StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card (PEXUSB3S2EI) it came with its own drivers which i installed and was getting the sensor check error, I deleted the drivers that it came with and let windows install its own generic drivers and it passed the sensor check within seconds and is now working fine and auto connecting after restarts etc. 

I felt it was only right to update this thread rather than abandon it after finding a solution, I was convinced the problem was with the rift and turns out it was the drivers, technically you could argue that the rift is fussy about usb drivers so technically its still partly at fault as all my other devices worked with the other drivers. That said its now working fine so anybody who may read this in the future can see a solution as i have come across a lot of other threads around the internet with the same problem and you don't always see a reply when a solution is found and this can leave a impression of the rift. 

Yes it is great you updated to what resolved it for you as I am sure it may help others as well.

Thmoas
Rising Star
Startek card is the best. I had it for CV1 and could connect 4 sensors to it all with extensions too. The card even has a heatsink.