cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sairento vr is unplayable!!!

Josh9387
Explorer
So I have an i7 7700 ibuypower with 16gb ram installed and an rtx2080 founders edition graphics card everytime I play sairento there is screen tearing, stuttering, fps drops, sudden freezes this is the worst optimized game Ive ever played!! Is anyone else having this problem?! Its my favorite vr game but I can barely play it!!
51 REPLIES 51

falken76
Expert Consultant
It worked fine for me and everyone I know that bought it.  So I take it you're not going to try the 1060 just to see if it's possibly a driver issue and you're not going to go to their discord channel to try and get support from the devs?

Josh9387
Explorer
I tried to get into contact with them they never responded to my messages!! And I have the rtx2080 installed why would I take apart my computer to install an inferior graphics card that made the oculus performance worse.

Josh9387
Explorer
I already tried playing it with the 1060 multiple times. Everytime it runs like garbage the game crashed every 15-20 minutes hence why I got a 2080. At least with the 2080 it doesn't crash but still runs like complete shit.

Josh9387
Explorer
Tried getting support submitted two tickets and they told me to reinstall the software and or drivers which solved nothing. And I already had tried it with the 1060. It ran worse. That's why I upgraded to a 2080.

Sneakygloworm
Expert Protege
Has the op connected 2 connectors to the gpu from the psu. The 2080 is a bit power hungry at full bore. Around 250+ watts from what I can make out. Is it worth removing every USB device bar the rift, keyboard and mouse and see if it helps. Poor sensor tracking probably won't help either. 

SpiceLife72
Adventurer
It might be your power supply is not providing enough power for the RTX2080.

Josh9387
Explorer
Its not my power supply is a corsair 750 watt. Anyway decided to get a rift s when I heard about the inside out tracking. Thought maybe Sairento would work this time but nope. Audio cutting in and out and screen tearing once again. I don't understand why the hell its only with this game!!

anadimi
Explorer
So I have the same issue. Only with this game.It starts really well. I can play the game for 10 minutes without issue. Then it starts so get worse slowly. First just the hands is laggy, and in the end screen tears and heavy lag. Unplayable.

I have the 1080GTX with I7 5930K and 32 GB RAM. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee

anadimi said:

So I have the same issue. Only with this game.It starts really well. I can play the game for 10 minutes without issue. Then it starts so get worse slowly. First just the hands is laggy, and in the end screen tears and heavy lag. Unplayable.

I have the 1080GTX with I7 5930K and 32 GB RAM. 

You bought the game on Home or Steam? 

I found some Steam VR games have problem where SteamVR, Oculus process and the game all end up on the same cpu creating a lot of stuttering. Changing the cpu affinity fixed this issue for me with some games. 

Generally, if you get stuttering pull out the task manager and try to see what's going on when the stuttering happens. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Bloodlet
Rising Star
I'm now getting the same issue. Ran fine on my 980ti. but now getting crazy lag on my rtx 2080.
This slowly gets worse the longer I play until it becomes vomit inducing and I have to reboot the game. A real shame as I love the game and it ran buttery smooth before on max settings.

Oh and I bought on Oculus store, not running on Steam.