cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black

Yutix
Level 2

Hey, 

I always had that one bug that one of my screens turned black as soon as I start the oculus app, But that never really botherd me because it only went black for like 1-2 sec. Still thought that this was odd. Well since yesterday I have one more monitor. Making it 4 now. (Yeah I know.. kinda collected them over the past years). Well and today I just wanted to play some VR. I started steam VR and Oculus. When I put on my Rift S the screen just stayed black the whole time, even tho the light was normal in white. Steam VR said that there was an Error and it needs to be restarted. That obviously didnt fix anything. So I unplugged one of my screens and the Rift S screen worked. Sadly the left controller had no tracking at all. Even after multiple restarts. Restarting my whole PC fixt that. And after playing plugging my monitor in just doesnt do anything. If I want to use my monitor again I need to unplugg my Oculus. After the monitor works again I can plug the Rift S in again an the monitor still works. Sooo can you have to many monitors for VR or what is happening? Im not really sure what I can do about that. Because unplugging my monitor and restarting my PC everytime I want to use VR is super frustrating. 

I hope anyone has an idea to fix that. Have a nice day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yutix
Level 2

So I actually fixed it now. But I think im gonna leave this post here so everyone in the futur hopefully finds this for the solution. 

So the problem is, that my GPU (geforce gtx 1080 ti) only supports 4 monitors at the same time. And as soon as I want to use my rift s it counts as number 5. So it doesnt work. So I fixed this but switching one of my monitors from my GPU to my on board GPU from my CPU. And yea thats it. 

Have a nice day. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Yutix
Level 2

So I actually fixed it now. But I think im gonna leave this post here so everyone in the futur hopefully finds this for the solution. 

So the problem is, that my GPU (geforce gtx 1080 ti) only supports 4 monitors at the same time. And as soon as I want to use my rift s it counts as number 5. So it doesnt work. So I fixed this but switching one of my monitors from my GPU to my on board GPU from my CPU. And yea thats it. 

Have a nice day. 

View solution in original post

how do i do that?