cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen tearing and public test channel greyed out after app update

simon_racker_3
Honored Guest
I updated the oculus app to the latest version and I've been getting severe artifacts, screen flashing and tearing since. The issues are present in oculus app menu, home and in VR. Everything is pretty much a jumbled mess. Is there a fix for this or is it possible to roll back the update?
5 REPLIES 5

Richooal
Consultant
PTC is "apparently" still working. I am opted in for the Beta (not greyed out). Also I just got V26 delivered a couple of hours ago.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

simon_racker_3
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

PTC is "apparently" still working. I am opted in for the Beta (not greyed out). Also I just got V26 delivered a couple of hours ago.

I'm not sure why its greyed out for me

simon_racker_3
Honored Guest
So the PTC became available now for some reason and its downloading and installing V25. Fingers crossed it fixes the screen tearing and flashing simon.racker.3 said:

Richooal said:

I'm not sure why its greyed out for me

Richooal
Consultant

So the PTC became available now for some reason and its downloading and installing V25. Fingers crossed it fixes the screen tearing and flashing simon.racker.3 said:

V25 has been out for a long time, do you mean V26?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

simon_racker_3
Honored Guest

Richooal said:

V25 has been out for a long time, do you mean V26?

I've just got v25 installed and it's fixed the flashes and tearing. I must have had v23 installed when I did originally because I've had 2 updates. Ill check again tomorrow to see if v26 would be installed then