cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor extensions not working (uGreen ACTIVE USB 3.0)

Hbharrison
Level 2
Cannot find an answer. 

Trying to extend my sensors with UGreen 15ft ACTIVE USB 3.0 cables and it's not working. The sensors just keep saying poor tracking. I'm using the exact same ports as before when I wasn't using the extensions. I have read for this to work you need ACTIVE USB 3.0 extensions so I don't know why this is not working. 
Please help as I'm ready to toss these out the window 
1 REPLY 1

Nimarus
Level 4
I remember having a problem with tracking when I purchased a third sensor for my Oculus Rift. I had all three Sensors and my headset in USB 3.0 ports. It was recommended that my third sensor be plugged into a USB 2.0 port and my two primary sensors (in front of me) remain in USB 3.0. Seems you can't have more than two sensors in USB 3.0 or you get some problems. I realized this was why my third sensor came bundled with an Active USB 2.0 extension cable on Amazon. If you are using more than two sensors, plug your third sensor in a USB 2.0 port. USB 2.0 are typically color-coded black. USB 3.0 is typically color-coded in blue.

I also had a similar problem when trying to use an HDMI Extension Cable and a USB 3.0 Extension Cable to give more slack on my headset. The headset screen just stayed black and wouldn't work.

Also, I hope you didn't get your Active Extension USB cable on eBay. eBay is a horrible place to buy electronics, especially if they are from China. I hope this solves your problem. Best of luck to you.