cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensors not properly working and extreme lag & stuttering

AnthraXPoisonn
Honored Guest
I have been using the Rift for half a year now and a few weeks ago I started having a glitch where the hands and head in VR don't move, only rotate, as if the sensors were disabled. The screen also goes very glitchy with 1 FPS. I have tried everything I have found so far, which is:

1: Installing Windows Updates.
2: Reinstalling the sensor drivers.
3: Switching ports of USB Splitter (With USB 2.0 Ports I think) and my Rift.
4: Closing all unnecessary programs in the background.
5: Installing an old driver. (388.31 NVIDIA)
6: Connecting one sensor to USB 3.0.

Sometimes when I restart my PC the bug does not happen for up to 3 hours. I use an Alienware 17 R4 Laptop. I see other people have had the problem, but they got it fixed or never got any replies. This even happens in the Oculus Home. This is starting to really annoy me and is making the Rift completely useless. This bug happens every 1-2 minutes and lasts 1-5 minutes. Somebody please help fix this, so far nothing has been able to fix this. Nothing.
3 REPLIES 3

Netheri
Rising Star
I have this same problem in Rift. At 1st it was happening every time the HMD had been without use a while and when HMD then was put on and VR system was loaded everything was 1-15 fps. Nothing worked but the restarting Rift under the Beta section of the desktop app. In a few days the problem started repeating also when returning from game to Home. 
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Jeanpicasso
Explorer
Are you using the Tray Tool? theres an option to disable the usb port from going to sleep. It sound a little like this is what is happening.

Netheri
Rising Star
@Jeanpicasso if you're answering to me: Yes i have and yeas, i know. At least for my issue it really isn't USB problem. 🙂
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2