cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since today update my oculus doesn't work HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jef32
Explorer
Hi

Since today, when I launch Oculus, that's says: Application status Oculus then repair. I've tried to reboot, it's the same ! I've tried to repair, that's saying that I need KB26708838 and KB3033929 but I already have these alreaddy installed. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27 REPLIES 27

jef32
Explorer
OK, after a research It seems that W10 is needed. It's absoluty a SHAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I bought my Oculus, that's said that W7 works with. Hope Oculus will fix that immediatly !!!!!!

sutured
Honored Guest
My rift was working just fine. I'd have to delete 5 terabytes of data and re-download it all to play on the oculus, and pay 100$ for windows 10. that's not happening. You can't force an update that makes your hardware obsolete that should be illegal!

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
The Rift has always been Win 10.
DK1 was Win 7.
WAAAGH!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Morgrum said:

DK1 was Win 7.

CV1 was compatible with Windows 7.

RattyUK
Trustee

RedRizla said:

Morgrum said:

DK1 was Win 7.

CV1 was compatible with Windows 7.

True as I only went W10 + Opensuse when I changed my CPU/motherboard a year ago, was W7, W10 + Opensuse previously and the Rift worked flawlessly on W7.

I do recall at some point in the recent past W7 support being dropped - I'm sure one of the forum members can refresh our collective memory over that 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Kontonrfive
Explorer
so an ( automated) update runs in background and installed itself and now im out ? with win 7 ? Realy ??
I accept the fact of not beeing able to use any new "features" made for win10, but kicking one out of using Hardware without warning ? They could at least ask me: "you want to install the new update ? Your Rift might not work.."
I´d have kept the old version and thats it.

RattyUK
Trustee

so an ( automated) update runs in background and installed itself and now im out ? with win 7 ? Realy ??
I accept the fact of not beeing able to use any new "features" made for win10, but kicking one out of using Hardware without warning ? They could at least ask me: "you want to install the new update ? Your Rift might not work.."
I´d have kept the old version and thats it.

It is one of those annoying things...  but the Oculus site's covered it's rear :

z0vwrgfejhzb.jpg
No W7 option for a while now...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RattyUK
Trustee

sutured said:

My rift was working just fine. I'd have to delete 5 terabytes of data and re-download it all to play on the oculus, and pay 100$ for windows 10. that's not happening. You can't force an update that makes your hardware obsolete that should be illegal!

SoftwareGeeks could be your friend with W10 (legal) keys...

jef32
Explorer
But why not giving us the choice ? If Oculus would have done correctly the things, they would have to warn the users, something like that::
" We're about to update our Oculus soft. It will not run anymore in W7. You have the choice to not updating but you willn't can use the new features for Oculus if you choose to not doing the update".
But NO !!!!!! They have updated without letting us the choice, and the W7 user's, they do not care.
I'm sure of one thing:  I will be forced one day to do the W10 swittch but, seing this behaviour of Oculus, when it will be time to change my VR equipment in the future, I willn't certainly choose this brand for this total disrespect of ALL their customers.