cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since today update my oculus doesn't work HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jef32
Explorer
Hi

Since today, when I launch Oculus, that's says: Application status Oculus then repair. I've tried to reboot, it's the same ! I've tried to repair, that's saying that I need KB26708838 and KB3033929 but I already have these alreaddy installed. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a 10 year old operating system, nobody in their right mind is still using Windows 7.

sbdykes
Protege
Just reporting that with the hotfix released, the full uninstall/folder delete + fresh setup download + install mentioned in another thread got me up-and-running again (Win7).

jef32
Explorer
Now I've made the switch to W10. I have some others problems near to be fixed with this new OS but i'm always upset against Oculus to not have warned us before. For information my Oculus works now but I have a kind of distortion in the picture sometimes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

jef32 said:

Now I've made the switch to W10. I have some others problems near to be fixed with this new OS but i'm always upset against Oculus to not have warned us before. For information my Oculus works now but I have a kind of distortion in the picture sometimes.

It says right on the Oculus site, or any other site that sells the RiftS...Operating System: Windows 10. What other 'warning' do you need? Windows 7 is dead...no more support after January 14th, 2020. Why the hell are you even still running it?

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
Here's what I would do create a image of Windows 7 with Aomei backupper standard it's free. Purchase a Windows 10 key many sites sell Windows 10 Pro for less then $15. Next update Windows 7 to Windows 10 create another image of the Windows 10 update.
If the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 didn't work promptly do a clean install. You can mount the images you created to copy your game saves documents, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Updating Rift’s Minimum and Recommended Spec OS to Windows 10
Oculus Blog|Posted by Oculus VR|June 27, 2018

Across the Oculus Platform—Rift, Touch, and our core system software—we’re continuously working to upgrade and advance the PC VR experience for everyone. Doing so requires taking full advantage of the latest technology.

That’s why, as of today, we’re updating our minimum and recommended spec OS to Windows 10 to power the full Rift experience. Windows 7 and 8.1 users are still supported for the Rift features they know and love today, but they may not be able to use many new and upcoming features and apps. We encourage everyone who isn’t already running Windows 10 to upgrade now to avoid missing out on what’s next.
What’s Changing?

Windows 10 is now the minimum and recommended operating system spec for Rift. With most active Rift owners (95%) running Windows 10, this ensures we’re focused on delivering the latest advancements to the highest number of people possible.

If you’re currently running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, we recommend that you update to Windows 10 now to take full advantage of Rift’s functionality, features, and growing content library.

If you’re not sure whether or not your current hardware and OS are up to speed, you can use our compatibility check tool to see if your computer meets our minimum or recommended system specs.

Why Now?

Microsoft has deprecated mainstream support for Windows 7 and 8.1, so a shift to Windows 10 ensures we’ll be able to deliver the best performance standards for Rift owners, while aligning with industry standards.
Updating to Windows 10 also helps your system prepare for essential—and exciting—advancements coming soon. Rift Core 2.0 is our upgraded system software, currently available via opt-in beta. With a redesigned Home experience, app and window multitasking in Dash, and Oculus Desktop’s mirror monitors, Rift Core 2.0 pushes resource-heavy function while still maintaining Rift’s high-end performance standards. Windows 10 is integral to supporting these features. When Rift Core 2.0 rolls out to everyone later this year, people below the new minimum and recommended spec OS will still have access, but with some limitations.

What If I Choose Not to Upgrade?

Rift owners whose PCs aren’t running Windows 10 may find their systems are incompatible with some new apps and games. You’ll still be able to get the same VR features and functions you have today, including things like responding to platform notifications, interacting with friends on the platform, managing your device, and running VR apps that don’t require Windows 10. You can still use Windows 7 and Windows 8 with most of Rift Core 2.0’s core functionality, but things like Oculus Desktop require Windows 10, as does the ability to run Dash as an overlay.

Get Prepared: Min and Rec Spec

To ensure you get all of the latest features and advancements for Rift, and to guard against incompatibility, we recommend your PC meet or exceed these system specifications. For questions and additional information, please contact Oculus Support. Remember, some developers may push the boundaries in the future, and certain experiences may require a system exceeding our minimum or recommended specifications. You should refer to the recommended specifications for the Rift experiences you intend to use.

Rec Spec
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater
  • Alternative Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
  • CPU: Intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
  • Memory: 8GB+ RAM
  • Video Output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
  • USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
Min Spec
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470 or greater
  • Alternative Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 960 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
  • CPU: Intel i3-6100 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, FX4350 or greater
  • Memory: 8GB+ RAM
  • Video Output: Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
  • USB Ports: 1x USB 3.0 port, plus 2x USB 2.0 ports
More to Come

We’ll have more news to share tomorrow, including some exciting updates from Oculus Mediumand Rift Core 2.0, so stay tuned!

— The Oculus Team

https://www.oculus.com/blog/updating-rifts-minimum-and-recommended-spec-os-to-windows-10/?locale=en_...

Slayemin
Expert Protege
Not exactly VR related, but if you're still running Win7, you should really consider upgrading to Win10. Win10 has support for DirectX 12, Win7 does not. In the near future, a lot of games are going to be built to use DirectX12 features, so Win7 gamers are going to be out of luck if a game requires DirectX12.

johnfarmingdale
Honored Guest
So, Windows 7 is not Supported, NOW!!!, WHY DID THEY BRICK MY DEVICE? It shouldn't have UPDATED ANYTHING on Windows 7 plain and simple.   Buy Only Steam games, they support many VR devices.
We are going to update your software and VR device on Windows 7, but WE DON'T SUPPORT IT AND YOU CAN'T USE IT.