cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I just spent 400 and waitied a week and a half for this to not work?? DP issues Surprise Surprise

barthelomel
Level 2
How is this company still getting away with this, this many issues with a 400$ machine and they aren't being sued or stopped by anyone? I've tried literally every fix I can find even went out of my way to buy a powered Usb3 adapter and nothing will make my Display Port Work tried it on my older PC and it registers it but on my 1500 gaming PC it cant register my display port anyone got any other fixes other than what gets regurgitated on every forum? 
13 REPLIES 13

icecold951
Level 4
You're talking about your graphics display connection, not the USB, correct?

Zenbane
Level 15

How is this company still getting away with this, this many issues with a 400$ machine and they aren't being sued or stopped by anyone?

Probably because it isn't happening to everyone who buys it? Have you seen YouTube? Rift videos have been made since like 2014.
Every tech hardware provider has these types of issues. Including Microsoft. What you are needing is Tech Support. It happens with computer tech. There's plenty of folks around here that are able to assist.

icecold951
Level 4
Make sure your USB is plugged into a USB 3 connection. Also, it is better to do that through a powered USB card, not just a powered hub. That hub might not be USB3, even if the computer connection is. It would give the same symptoms if it can't connect via USB. USB cards can also be tricky. My first one didn't work with Rift S. I now have a BEYIMEI  5port I got from Amazon.

barthelomel
Level 2

Make sure your USB is plugged into a USB 3 connection. Also, it is better to do that through a powered USB card, not just a powered hub. That hub might not be USB3, even if the computer connection is. It would give the same symptoms if it can't connect via USB. USB cards can also be tricky. My first one didn't work with Rift S. I now have a BEYIMEI  5port I got from Amazon.

Yes I went to Best Buy and bought a powered usb3 hub still nothing have wiped my grfx card setting clean and redownloaded them tried all the fixes listed and reseated my graphics card nothing seems to work 

barthelomel
Level 2
I have also now wiped my pc clean and did  fresh download of oculus with nothing on my pc still nothing 

barthelomel
Level 2

You're talking about your graphics display connection, not the USB, correct?

Yes I am

FunctionsNot
Level 3
To get better help some specs on the machine is usually wanted. I've had plenty of expensive hardware with problems in my time and just stating the price isn't helping anyone. Doing a Google search for "my 400€ GPU is not working" isn't as effective as including the GPU name in the search 😄

Thmoas
Level 8
What are the USB chipsets on your motherboard? You can find that in Device Manager.

barthelomel
Level 2

Thmoas said:

What are the USB chipsets on your motherboard? You can find that in Device Manager.

I don't know what that means sorry what would that be under in device manager