cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many problems with my Oculus Rift S, can anyone help me out?

Snackso
Honored Guest
Here's a list of all problems I've had ever since day 1: Black Screen Issues, No USB Connection, DisplayPort not connected, Three dot loading screen, Sensors can't be tracked, tracking issues. That's a majority of the problems. My Oculus Rift S was working just fine last week without any issues, then it just decided to stop working. 
Can anyone help me out?

I will post my logs, see if you can find the problem.
6 REPLIES 6

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Try here:

https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Snackso try removing the facial interface and reseating the cable. Sometimes the connection can get loose and cause issues. The logs are noting some USB connection and bandwidth issues, so removing all non-Oculus USB devices other than the mouse and keyboard may yield different results. If the issue persists, create a ticket here. - Principe
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Snackso
Honored Guest
^

None of this actually helped, my Oculus Rift S decided to actually work yesterday, an oculus employee told me to update my nvidia drivers, and now my vr is broken again. 

I'm not too sure what to do, this thing is just bug city. 

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
Very old article, but the one i followed. I sold my Rift S. Still hanging around the forum to see what's new. Hope this helps. 🙂   https://uploadvr.com/how-to-fix-rift-s-tracking/

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I don't know what computer you have !

Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

icecold951
Protege
a powered USB card solved a lot of issues for me. If i isn't getting enough power, it can have a lot of problems. BEYIMEI 5port at Amazon.