cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Will the Rift S work together with the Rift (Cross platform. Like HTC & Oculus cross too)

TomTom1298
Level 3
Howdy!

I've seen some people asking if the Rift S and other VR-Headset will have a cross platform. As the original Rift, Samsung VR thing and HTC also have a cross platform.

I'd like to hear from you guys 🙂 
My PC-Specs:

I7 8700k - 16Gb DDR4 3200 Ram. (2x8) - RTX 2080 Ti
4 REPLIES 4

RedRizla
Level 15
A cross platform with what?

TomTom1298
Level 3

RedRizla said:

A cross platform with what?

With cross platform i mean like that you as a Oculus User also can game together with a HTC Vive user.
For example, xBox players can't play with PS4 players. But HTC can with Oculus. 

Can Rift S users also mix with Rift users? 
My PC-Specs:

I7 8700k - 16Gb DDR4 3200 Ram. (2x8) - RTX 2080 Ti

RedRizla
Level 15
I think some games are cross platform with Steam VR, I think it's up to the dev though if they want to make it cross platform with Oculus Home games & Steam VR. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure games like Onward purchased from Oculus Store are cross platform with Steam VR players.

So in that case you will be playing against people with HTC Vive.

CrashFu
Level 12
Rift and Rift-S use the same store, so there's no division between Rift and Rift-S users, if that's what you're asking.

When you encounter someone in Oculus-space, you probably won't even know which one they're using.  :smile:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.