cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SteamVR + Oculus rift = a lot of lags

LuNyX-VR
Honored Guest
Hello,
I've problem with SteamVR and my Oculus Rift, when i run a game with SteamVR, the game have a lot of bugs, it's impossible to play.
So, i test with the Oculus Software, and all it's okay, 0 lags, nothing...
Who have an idea to solve it ?
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

ShocksVR
Superstar
Check to see if STEAM's auto supersampling is on; it's ENABLED by default. Having it set to anything above 100% will affect performance.

It should be understood that this is Valve's fault (not Oculus).  It's a pretty crummy setting that most people don't know about and it should be DISABLED by default.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

LuNyX-VR
Honored Guest

Check to see if STEAM's auto supersampling is on; it's ENABLED by default. Having it set to anything above 100% will affect performance.

It should be understood that this is Valve's fault (not Oculus).  It's a pretty crummy setting that most people don't know about and it should be DISABLED by default.

Okay, so, i've set it to 100%, but there isn't a lot of changes...

MowTin
Expert Trustee

LuNyX-VR said:

Hello,
I've problem with SteamVR and my Oculus Rift, when i run a game with SteamVR, the game have a lot of bugs, it's impossible to play.
Thanks

Check the task manager to see if SteamVR processes and Oculus processes and your game are sharing the same CPU.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

LuNyX-VR
Honored Guest

MowTin said:

LuNyX-VR said:

Hello,
Thanks

Check the task manager to see if SteamVR processes and Oculus processes and your game are sharing the same CPU.

Hum... I dont know ?dtwfguwgpjp6.pngynzn4lrxo4yt.pngnuopkonhsa0b.png

LuNyX-VR
Honored Guest
UP, there is a solution ?

ShocksVR
Superstar

It's a tool that helps bypass STEAMVR for Rift users.  Caution, there are still a few games that it doesn't work for (namely newer games).  It has to be updated by the head developer to support those games.

LuNyX-VR
Honored Guest
Okay so, i've try this, but there isn't any changes too, so I think the problem isn't SteamVR, but why the bugs/freeze/etc is only with steam games ? If you want to know, I try to play Beat Saber...

ShocksVR
Superstar
Beat Saber has native Oculus SDK support on STEAM. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/steamgameswithnativesupport

Use "-vrmode oculus" in the launch parameters.

LuNyX-VR
Honored Guest
So, the problem is always here, but I dont know why, "The Forest" in VR mode works fine... But Apollo 11 VR and Beat Saber dont work...