cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweat on Rift S Halo

KatherynnTV
Honored Guest
Pretty sure this must’ve been brought up somewhere but I’m wondering what the solution is for keeping the halo padding clean without investing in some sort of steam vacuum thing that may or may not actually work - besides, investing in that just to maintain your device is silly.

I like to work out in VR but how the hell am I supposed to keep the device clean when it’s practically a sweat sponge, that’s just gross. Surely Oculus thought this through when VR in its very nature is pretty active entertainment?

tl;dr : How do I keep the halo padding clean!?
32 REPLIES 32

Wildt
Consultant

I find that I sweat a lot more when I'm clothed and playing in VR, so often play in just my boxer shorts!!

So do I, and it's worked fine until a couple of days ago, when I lost something. You see, I just got this PSVR and noone had prepared me for what happens when you press the "calibrate tracking" button...   *BAM* a high contrast video feed from the tracking camera gets blasted into your eyes.

I lost my pride and dignity right then and there!

...doesn't help holding something that looks like a balloon animal with a red glowing nose (aim controller).
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
If you have a wife you can ask her to clean it?

Job done?  😛
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

mfalx
Honored Guest
can confirm rift s halo foam clips off front and rear. pinch the foam until you see the plastic edge rising then pry it open. similar to face plate connectors. They do seem delicate so go easy.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

If you have a wife you can ask her to clean it?

Job done?  😛

So persons who don't have a wife should get one in order to get it clean? 

Job done!  😄    

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Seven_Shooter
Honored Guest

Pretty sure this must’ve been brought up somewhere but I’m wondering what the solution is for keeping the halo padding clean without investing in some sort of steam vacuum thing that may or may not actually work - besides, investing in that just to maintain your device is silly.

I like to work out in VR but how the hell am I supposed to keep the device clean when it’s practically a sweat sponge, that’s just gross. Surely Oculus thought this through when VR in its very nature is pretty active entertainment?

Remove it, and clean. 

Seven_Shooter
Honored Guest

bi7je said:

Mine looks pretty glued. It doest seem to come of and i dont want to tear it or something.

How did you manage to get it off?

It comes off bro. risxmn3teoii.jpg

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

I have not bothered to read all the comments, but a practical solution is a head sweat band, or like we do put a tea towel on your head.  You will look like an Arab but hey it works.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

AMVR make polyurethane replacement Halo and face pads but I haven't used them so can't vouch for their comfort or quality, perhaps someone else on the forum can give a review.

xgiay4gnlx9y.jpg
There may be other manufacturers out there too but I've really just seen covers for the facial pad from the likes of VR Covers.

Alternatively, remove the pads when they need cleaning, they're detachable but just be gentle so not to break any clips. They should then be easily cleaned by hand, probably best not to use anything too strong, alcohol based is probably not a good idea either... maybe just anti-bacterial wipes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought the AMVR set. I've had it about a month now. I didn't care for the face plate that came with it and decided to stick with the original one that I'd already modified to accept velcro pleather pads. The halo pads? Oh yeah they're much more comfortable and easy to clean. Kinda makes you wonder why it doesn't come that way to begin with? 

Actually I meant to post this in the more recently created thread asking about keeping the pads clean but put it here by mistake after checking previous posts!
Thanks for the comment on the AMVR replacements though @FlyinDrano , I'll leave a reference in the other thread too.