cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rift S is by far the worst tech I have ever dealt with.

YOUR_REAL_DAD
Level 3
Just a bit of an angry rant due to purchasing what has amounted to a 649aud paper weight.

When purchasing this headset, nowhere does it mention that a SPECIFIC TYPE of USB 3 is required. After nearly 15 hours of troubleshooting this piece of shit still will not work. After trying literally everything and having more than the required specs, it still fails to work. 

USB Compatible
USB Incompatible
Headset Sensor Check Failed.

Been with Oculus since the DK2 days, and this garbage Rift S has convinced me to buy a different headset.
47 REPLIES 47

Zenbane
Level 15
I would like to take this time to confirm that the OP is in fact... NOT my real dad.

Omega_Desh
Level 2

Just a bit of an angry rant due to purchasing what has amounted to a 649aud paper weight.

When purchasing this headset, nowhere does it mention that a SPECIFIC TYPE of USB 3 is required. After nearly 15 hours of troubleshooting this piece of shit still will not work. After trying literally everything and having more than the required specs, it still fails to work. 

USB Compatible
USB Incompatible
Headset Sensor Check Failed.

Been with Oculus since the DK2 days, and this garbage Rift S has convinced me to buy a different headset.

I also run Asmedia USB's. Bought a "Startech 2 Port blah Superspeed Sata Power" PCI card. Part # PEXUSB3S23. Still says incompatible every time I run Oculus... But games run fine. It's 5gbps between 2 ports, so a 10Gbps card would have to be fine. On this exact topic I posted a discussion between support and myself tonight. Titled "Before you contact support"

RedRizla
Level 15
Delete.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Guys, any objection to starting a thread on BT headphones rather than use this thread? I just think it's better to leave this to the subject it was intended.

Every time I see this thread appear I get nervous an argument is breaking out! 

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

RuneSR2
Level 15
Ok, but Rift-S users are in strong need of headphones, we're just trying to help the poor souls 😉

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Level 15

Guys, any objection to starting a thread on BT headphones rather than use this thread? I just think it's better to leave this to the subject it was intended.

Every time I see this thread appear I get nervous an argument is breaking out! 

I just created a Bluetooth thread. Can you please transfer all the relevant information from this thread over to the Bluetooth Headphone thread. Cheers!

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/87135/some-good-bluetooth-headphones-for-rift-s-or-...

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
OK thanks Red, I'm transferring Bluetooth headphone comments (following Zenbane's revelation about his bloodline, onwards) from this thread to yours.

They have to go through a temporary thread first as there's only a 'split' comments function, to put selected comments into another new thread, not to another existing thread... then merge that thread to yours. Hope this thread makes sense afterwards!

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

grove21
Level 4
If wish they just sold CV1 with better screen. Rift S is pretty bad.