cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This "grainy multi color snow digital effect" thing every once in a while is getting patched?

redmantab
Protege
Every 20 seconds or so I get these little "grains" that show up on my Rift S that are all these different colors.  Kind of like snow but they are multi colored.  This part of what is getting patched soon and nothing to worry about?

Thank you in advance for any advice.
8 REPLIES 8

Corak2007
Honored Guest
I want to know the same thing. I already tried the recommended steps and nothing works. Tried several USB 3.1 ports and it didn't help. It looks like a ton of people have this issue. 

redmantab
Protege
ok so you do have the exact same thing?  The colors and everything?  In a way that's good, probably means a patch will fix the software as opposed to our hardware is bad and we have to take the time to return/ exchange our Rifts.

cybershrapnel
Protege
I am having this issue as well, try changing the 3 oculus exes that are running to realtime processor priority.... Seems to majorly reduce the effects but it disables the window pop out feature which I suspect may be the root of the issue in the first place....

cybershrapnel
Protege
7p6r9ytavrza.png
Just keep in mind setting them to realtime will cause other issues lol... so maybe just do high priority or whatnot....

DEKED
Explorer
I have got these tiny little colorfull snow particles, too. But for me they are always visible. Especialy in dark scenarios.
Very anoying because it disturb the vision qiet badly. Hoping that it isnt faulty because that would be the second faulty unit. The first one had no picture.

All support tips didnt work for that.

Plaese support, look into it!!

antitrust42
Expert Protege
this is normal is the LCD lens 
that not happen with OLED lens 
this call screen door effect 

nothing we can do , is in the lens itself ! , big dissapointment this rift s

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is normal is the LCD lens 
that not happen with OLED lens 
this call screen door effect 

nothing we can do , is in the lens itself ! , big dissapointment this rift s

No that is not normal with the Rift S lens, and anyone experiencing it should contact support.
And it is not SDE in any way, and SDE is quite minimal in Rift S.
Please stop spreading false information.

Lot of new users here seeking genuine help from the community, not to be mislead.

Muskoka1
Expert Protege
Hate to revive an old post but I'm starting to see this as well some 6 months in with my Rift S. Has anyone contacted support, have they been given any direction as to what to do? Is this going to be an issue like the speaker problem with the Rift, and they offer us a used replacement?

Like to hear how some of you made out. About to send a report to support myself. 

Edit: Support ticked just created, see what they have to say.
i5 11600k - 4070 - 64gb ram - Quest 2 - Rift S - CV1