cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three weeks Rift S

Rahotep
Protege
Here is my experience with the Rift S after three weeks usage.

There is some TV snow from time to time, for less than a second. That should be fixed, but is not the most urgent one. 

Games with no issues
  • X-Plane 11.35
  • DCS World 2.55
  • Prepare3D v4.5 HF1
  • Aerofly FS2
  • Rallye
  • Project Cars2
  • Iron Wolf
Oculus crashing for me on these games, giving black screen or loosing controller tracking. Results in a complete loss of the headset. Funny, the game continuous to work and can see the screen mirror aswell as the head movement.
  • Evasion
  • Robo Recall
  • Unspoken
  • Bullet Train
I hope this gets fixed any time soon. I always wonder if Oculus  does not have a quality assurance team, that stops the release of such unfinished software and hardware.
3 REPLIES 3

Clearly not mate. I have a different kind of issue in Evasion using the Rift S. All is good until the scene gets busy. The game continues without frame drop but the VR hands ( gun and shield) lock up for a few seconds. The only way to get some control of it is to duck behind a barrier and the hands come back in sync. If it gets busy again the same happens. not so handy when at the crucial stage in a battle.

Running Ryzen 1700X, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1070 Super jetstream II, Windows 10 Pro x64, Rift S + touch

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Rahotep said:

Here is my experience with the Rift S after three weeks usage.

There is some TV snow from time to time, for less than a second. That should be fixed, but is not the most urgent one. 

Games with no issues
  • X-Plane 11.35
  • DCS World 2.55
  • Prepare3D v4.5 HF1
  • Aerofly FS2
  • Rallye
  • Project Cars2
  • Iron Wolf
Oculus crashing for me on these games, giving black screen or loosing controller tracking. Results in a complete loss of the headset. Funny, the game continuous to work and can see the screen mirror aswell as the head movement.
  • Evasion
  • Robo Recall
  • Unspoken
  • Bullet Train
I hope this gets fixed any time soon. I always wonder if Oculus  does not have a quality assurance team, that stops the release of such unfinished software and hardware.

What PC specs do you have?  Desktop or laptop?  Also, why still xp11.35?  I kinda doubt that this is an Oculus quality issue.  More likely user error imho.  However, if you go to Reddit I'm sure you will find someone that has this very same problem, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Aeyesi
Honored Guest
I keep crashing aswell... I posted a tip before but nope, nothing at all seems to help, the crashes keeps returning over and over. I am even considering RMA for index or something, it is cool to have but sucks when you can't really use it..