cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Controller Flicker

krown39
Honored Guest
Hey everyone!

I just got my rift and for what I'm able to do, I'm just blown away, but I'm having a major issue. 

Everytime I load up home or any game, including steam VR, my hands are flickering / twitching randomly. For instance , if I hold an object in home it will infinitely keep rotating. 

I had another issue before with the controllers and I resolved that issue by getting a startech PCI E usb card, but I'm absolutely stumped here. 

I dedicated this weekend to enjoying HL Alyx and I've been stuck troubleshooting..... -.-

Any suggestions would be immensely helpful

Ps: forgot to mention, I've already turned off those power saving features for Windows and in the device manager for the usb ports
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried removing the batteries for a few minutes and putting back in?

krown39
Honored Guest

dburne said:

Have you tried removing the batteries for a few minutes and putting back in?

Yeap, didnt make a difference

Neutronic01
Explorer
Pretty sure this is because of update V.18. Tons of other people are having this sort of issue, including me, and I heard Oculus is working on a fix right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
the same problem

icecold951
Protege

Pretty sure this is because of update V.18. Tons of other people are having this sort of issue, including me, and I heard Oculus is working on a fix right now.

Thing is, the beta uses were reporting it before they forced it out. They were warned this issue existed.

syrist
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue... here's a video: youtu.be/g_MgAPlsBzs
Notice halfway through the flicker changes hands.
And this is happening right after I did a clean install of Windows 10.

AMacdonald
Protege
Opt into the beta software channel from the settings page in the Oculus app. that'll fix it until Oculus get round to releasing a new full version.