cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Controller Flicker

krown39
Level 2
Hey everyone!

I just got my rift and for what I'm able to do, I'm just blown away, but I'm having a major issue. 

Everytime I load up home or any game, including steam VR, my hands are flickering / twitching randomly. For instance , if I hold an object in home it will infinitely keep rotating. 

I had another issue before with the controllers and I resolved that issue by getting a startech PCI E usb card, but I'm absolutely stumped here. 

I dedicated this weekend to enjoying HL Alyx and I've been stuck troubleshooting..... -.-

Any suggestions would be immensely helpful

Ps: forgot to mention, I've already turned off those power saving features for Windows and in the device manager for the usb ports
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried removing the batteries for a few minutes and putting back in?

krown39
Level 2

dburne said:

Have you tried removing the batteries for a few minutes and putting back in?

Yeap, didnt make a difference

Neutronic01
Level 3
Pretty sure this is because of update V.18. Tons of other people are having this sort of issue, including me, and I heard Oculus is working on a fix right now.

Anonymous
Not applicable
the same problem

icecold951
Level 4

Pretty sure this is because of update V.18. Tons of other people are having this sort of issue, including me, and I heard Oculus is working on a fix right now.

Thing is, the beta uses were reporting it before they forced it out. They were warned this issue existed.

syrist
Level 2
I'm having the same issue... here's a video: youtu.be/g_MgAPlsBzs
Notice halfway through the flicker changes hands.
And this is happening right after I did a clean install of Windows 10.

AMacdonald
Level 4
Opt into the beta software channel from the settings page in the Oculus app. that'll fix it until Oculus get round to releasing a new full version.