cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controllers for original Rift?

bhendel
Honored Guest
Sorry if this has been asked, but I can't get a straight answer. I own the original Oculus Rift (not the S) and I am wondering if I can buy the Oculus Touch controllers? Oddly, when I search for regular Oculus Rift accessories, it only shows the LEFT controller and it says "Compatible with Oculus Rift." No Right controller? Under Rift S accessories, I can see both left and right, but the right says "Requires Oculus Rift S"!

So, apologize for my confusion but:
1. Can I add Oculus Touch to my regular Oculus (pre-S)
2. Are there versions of the "Oculus Touch" different for Rift and Rift S? That is, if I buy the one one the Rift S accessories page, is it not compatible with my regular Rift?
3. Why does the Right-hand controller not exist on the regular Oculus accessories page?

Thank you!
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rift S Touch Controllers are very different to Rift CV1 Touch Controllers, and they are not interchangeable.
Sounds like Oculus has sold out of right Touch controllers for CV1. You could send a message to support asking if they plan on having any more, my guess would be no based on how they have done with the cable.

kojack
MVP
MVP
The CV1 (original Rift) Touch controllers are different to the Rift-S / Quest Touch controllers. They aren't compatible, the CV1 Touch only work with the CV1 headset and the Rift-S Touch only work with the Rift-S and Quest.

USA and Canada ran out of CV1 right controllers a while ago, but the rest of the world still had them. But I just checked on the store, the entire world's supply of right controllers has run out, none of the 23 regions are selling them any more.

Since the CV1 would have stopped production a year ago when the Rift-S was released, I wouldn't be surprised if no new right controllers become available.

At the moment, the only way to get a right Touch controller for the original Rift is to either find one on Ebay or get somebody you know overseas to buy one and send it to you.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

bhendel
Honored Guest
Ouch.  Ok, thanks for the info gang!

ZombiePuke
Honored Guest
I also just broke my CV1 right controller. this unavailability is not acceptable. so i just have to throw my oculus away because of this? what the hell?

Richooal
Consultant

I also just broke my CV1 right controller. this unavailability is not acceptable. so i just have to throw my oculus away because of this? what the hell?

No, you don't need to throw it away. I'm left handed, so you can have my right controller for only US$2,500 plus postage.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

You can still buy a second hand set from ebay, better than having to buy a whole now VR setup. 😉

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

dhrto
Expert Protege
Yup, this is all an evil corporate plan from Oculus Facebook to let force the user to buy their new stuff, so they can enjoy all the new improvements the stockholders are happy. Now just run along and go buy the Rift S with the new controllers, which they already dropped active support for after merely a year  >:)

ZombiePuke
Honored Guest
I searched online for hours yesterday. There were only 2 (TWO) !!!!! right hand controllers for sale (only second hand, no new), on the entire f.ing internet. One in Canada, one in UK. Bought the used one in UK. 138 USD including postage. What a joke. Oh man. My brain hurts.

Kaito_Kaze
Explorer

I searched online for hours yesterday. There were only 2 (TWO) !!!!! right hand controllers for sale (only second hand, no new), on the entire f.ing internet. One in Canada, one in UK. Bought the used one in UK. 138 USD including postage. What a joke. Oh man. My brain hurts.

where did you get it? I only found 200-300$ one in amazon