cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controllers jumping\jamming

SkyNix
Honored Guest
Hi,
I'm having a problem with the touch controllers, in-game or lobby the controllers jumping around and "teleport" from place to place and sometimes staking.
I've searched online and tried some stuff like changing the batteries to fresh ones, putting aluminum foil between the batteries and the spring, reorient the sensors and setting them up in the software. 
Nothing helped me and I'm about to give up any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7

sniga
Honored Guest
I would investigate getting an extra sensor (i.e if you have two, get a third one). I had a similar issue when I was facing away from my sensors, so it looked like one of the touch controllers wasn't visible to the sensor because I was between them. Since then I'm trying to make sure I always face the sensors and haven't had the issue anymore. I'm also waiting for a special price to buy and extra sensor, but probably will buy it for a full price.

SkyNix
Honored Guest
I have 3 sensors, 2 of them in front of me and one at the back.

sniga
Honored Guest
May be some reflective surfaces like mirrors, in your room?

SkyNix
Honored Guest
Nope, nothing reflective 😕

SkyNix
Honored Guest
I've tried so far, changing the batteries, full setup for the rift sensors and controllers, reposition the sensors and resetting them in the software and still the controllers jumping around and stuck.

my setup is:
3 sensors (2 at front 1 in back)
i7 6700K
GTX 980 TI
16GB RAM DDR4 2666HTZ

The specs supposed to be fine and it worked great until recently. 

kobs57
Heroic Explorer
Could be a problem inside the hand controller, mine was (the right hand one) the trigger wasn't returning when pressed ended up being the post that holds the spring in place came partially out but I had to take the whole thing apart to fix it. It could just be something stuck under the button's sensor that's giving the command to go where you don't want to. I found the way to disassemble it on google https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Oculus+Touch+Teardown/75109  I do not recommend if you're not into electronics and stuff and don't have the tools, there are lots of parts in there but it's fesable
VR dedicated computer...AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 
32 gigs of G.Skill Trident Z neo 2X16 Gb DDR4 3200Mhz
 MSI 1070-TI,  on a MSI B-570 Gaming plus motherboard,
EVGA super nova 1000 Watt PSU
Oculus is on a  CORSAIR Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe x4 NVMe M.2 SSD

SkyNix
Honored Guest
So, after trying a lot of things and open a support ticket at oculus the problem was Google Chrome ........ 
If it was running at the background (even 1-2 tabs) it would eat my ram and max it, Although in the past I played with chrome and nothing happened.