cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off Oculus Rift S

jtorres197
Honored Guest
So i am curious, with the original Oculus Rift, it was able to turn off by itself when i would close the software. With the Oculus Rift S, i am noticing that it isn't turning off at all even when i turn off the computer, is there a way for it to turn off or no? Cause i don't want the batteries on the controls to die!
23 REPLIES 23

CPYX
Explorer
I was wondering why my controller's batteries where so low all of a sudden. They keep connected if you sign out of the occulus app. Somehow I thought they would disconnect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

CPYX said:

I was wondering why my controller's batteries where so low all of a sudden. They keep connected if you sign out of the occulus app. Somehow I thought they would disconnect.

I believe that is fixed in the version 1.38 Public Test Channel.

Zahariel
Expert Protege
I stop the Oculus service whenever I'm not using the HMD and so far my controllers are still showing as fully charged.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can you see the charge of the batteries... also, does it warn you that the batteries are low while using the device?  So far I think mine are fine, but they are the batteries that came with the system....

Zahariel
Expert Protege
I'm at work so working from limited memory but In the Oculus program you can select the devices tab on the left and that should show your HMD. Select your HMD and it should bring up the current status of it including the battery levels on the controllers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Battery Levels are not reading correctly. Having used mine with the supplied Standard Batteries, they are showing at 100% where as Rechargeables only lasted about 1week or less due to not switching OFF. Although these do show as SLEEPING they should have indicated as OFF. I know this because if I use BETA>RESTART OCULUS then it displays as being OFF!
With old CV1 it gets 50%, then warns us prior before kicking us out of focus of the game and then dying!
I have reported FAR too many issues to OCULUS and it was your job @OculusSupport to tell the DEVs because even though I send direct FEEDBACK in the Desktop Software and even tell Support....totally NOTHING gets fixed...not even Strafing and 2 Thumbsticks Recentre. How hard is a simple bind that hard to add??? 
Great Product let down by their Support knowing what Users tell them and not telling DEVs who should be taking an Active Role here on this Community Forum which seriously should be their OFFICIAL SUPPORT Forum already.

Anonymous
Not applicable

MAC_MAN86 said:

Battery Levels are not reading correctly. Having used mine with the supplied Standard Batteries, they are showing at 100% where as Rechargeables only lasted about 1week or less due to not switching OFF. Although these do show as SLEEPING they should have indicated as OFF. I know this because if I use BETA>RESTART OCULUS then it displays as being OFF!
With old CV1 it gets 50%, then warns us prior before kicking us out of focus of the game and then dying!
I have reported FAR too many issues to OCULUS and it was your job @OculusSupport to tell the DEVs because even though I send direct FEEDBACK in the Desktop Software and even tell Support....totally NOTHING gets fixed...not even Strafing and 2 Thumbsticks Recentre. How hard is a simple bind that hard to add??? 
Great Product let down by their Support knowing what Users tell them and not telling DEVs who should be taking an Active Role here on this Community Forum which seriously should be their OFFICIAL SUPPORT Forum already.

Well realistically some of those things are more like feature requests, rather than bugs that need fixing.
I suspect they have their hands full right now with just the support requests.

jessomadic
Honored Guest
So after being fed up with having to go a manually turn off the service to keep my batteries from dying I created a little batch file to turn the service on and off so I did not have to go hunt in task manager for it. It's very simple but it works well. Link here for anyone who wants to use it. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NrmK63n-yFoctWkJ3CMLw6Tf_0ycqe1e

Mysterique
Honored Guest
Thx for the batch that's exactly what i needed

bitzie
Expert Protege
You can also use the Oculus Tray Tool to automate the service starting up and shutting down along with a whole bunch of other things as well.