cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two days of Oculus Support vs. Three Dots of Death

Sku77s
Level 4

Three dots of death but i have sound, and can sometimes see the controllers. Oculus App reports the device as connected and working but only shows three dots.
If I go to device setup it connects fine (usb/display port) but as soon as it checks the sensors it fail everytime.

I have checked drivers, reinstalled Oculus via safe mode, played USB port roulette, purchased a powered usb hub as advised by the support pages for usb connection issues, been told by support that its unneeded (guess I'm just out that money for following the support pages), attempted oculus-driver as well as oculus repair, and am currently waiting on a return e-mail for them to review the two days of logs and steps already taken while i download the beta branch just to try it

I first report connection and usb issues in april, where I was told to purchase a new cord after being listed the wrong usb driver to download and having oculus support advise me to turn off some of my motherboards usb controllers (dont do this if you only have usb kb/m it will incite a slight panic)

Going through the logs myself and found this at the top of the USB section. Sounds like my Rift S forgot it was a Rift S somehow?

While waiting for a response from support is there any advice from the forum users on next steps to take.

=====================
Analysis Section
=====================
(1) Number of Oculus USB Devices = 11
(2) Number of Oculus 'Rift Sensor' USB Devices = 0
(2A) Number of Oculus 'Rift Sensor' USB Devices (USB_3) = 0
(2B) Number of Oculus 'Rift Sensor' USB Devices (non USB_3) = 0
(3) Number of Oculus 'Camera' USB Devices = 0
(3A) Number of Oculus 'Camera' USB Devices (USB_3) = 0
(3B) Number of Oculus 'Camera' USB Devices (non USB_3) = 0
(4A) Number of Oculus Devices with Manufacturer is set to Oculus = 0
(4B) Number of Oculus Devices without proper manufacturer metadata = 11

2 REPLIES 2

Dra9onsFury
Level 3

This is mine

Analysis Section
=====================
(1) Number of Oculus USB Devices = 8
(2) Number of Oculus 'Rift Sensor' USB Devices = 0
(2A) Number of Oculus 'Rift Sensor' USB Devices (USB_3) = 0
(2B) Number of Oculus 'Rift Sensor' USB Devices (non USB_3) = 0
(3) Number of Oculus 'Camera' USB Devices = 0
(3A) Number of Oculus 'Camera' USB Devices (USB_3) = 0
(3B) Number of Oculus 'Camera' USB Devices (non USB_3) = 0
(4A) Number of Oculus Devices with Manufacturer is set to Oculus = 0
(4B) Number of Oculus Devices without proper manufacturer metadata = 8

the sensors were wiped I believe.

Found this line, would like to compare it to a working version to see if the sensor model was wiped as that section is blank in the log. Again evidence supports an update bricking headsets.

12/09 18:11:05.742 {INFO} [KMHeadsetPlugin] [PowerStatus] AC, no battery (n/a), saver off
12/09 18:11:05.742 {WARNING} [KMCore] [VISION][VIPER] Loading noise parameters from config. [SensorModel: ]