cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 "Connection Required"

TopShelfSnip3r
Honored Guest
So yesterday I was playing fine with the VR the next day I come up with this problem. "USB 3 Connection Required" It's like the oculus app doesn't even recognize my usb 3.0 being plugged in my desktop and I made sure it's in a 3.0 port. I've plugged in every 3.0 port possible and it still says USB 3 Connection Required. I went into the device manager tried to update my usb 3.0 but it says it's at the latest version, i've tried to uninstall the usb and plug it back in multiple times. My display port works fine and my Rift S says Connected and active when I put on the headset it has 3 dots with the oculus symbol and a black screen with my controllers sitting 1 meter below me. In the device manager it shows that the USB 3.0 from the VR cable works fine. I did everything I can and don't know what to do I need help :disappointed:
It's been a month since I started playing VR.

5aqr8h8lf46g.png6grw3ur4jdwe.png
104 REPLIES 104

IIIFREDIII
Protege
check your bios version, update if needed.
check your chipset drivers, update if needed.
if those fail you can try resetting windows!

petern62
Honored Guest
Guys, what absolutely 100% solved it for me was new drivers for the Fresno USB3 card. (I'm saying "new" drivers, but it's not certain what version drivers I had before. Anyho, REINSTALLING drivers solved it for me).
I first got the driver pack from inateck.com linked by Mazda_ron above. That file is named "Ver3.0_3.8.35514.0_Win10.exe" and DID NOT install.
Then I got the driver pack from frescologic.com and that installed perfectly. That file was named "FLUSB3.0-3.8.35514.0-Win10.exe" and had the exact bit size as the previous one, just the name differed. Go figure
Get it at
support_frescologic_com/portal/en/kb/fresco-logic/drivers

steffmeister
Honored Guest

Following, same issue!

KennyOO7
Explorer

Having the same issue; used the same Fresno USB3 card; didn't seem to help in my case.  I did have much better luck with the standard Win10 drivers as opposed to the two different driver sets I found for the card; when using those, Device Manager detected a problem powering/registering the headset.  With the Microsoft drivers, Device Manager was happy to install the headset, but it was no better than the near dozen USB3/3.1 ports I have on my motherboard natively.  

Was really hoping a different addin card was going to be the silver bullet here.

Hells.Reaper
Explorer

Has anyone found a solution to this? Just purchased a Meta Quest 2 and it's doing this on both my computers.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?