cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.0 "Connection Required"

TopShelfSnip3r
Honored Guest
So yesterday I was playing fine with the VR the next day I come up with this problem. "USB 3 Connection Required" It's like the oculus app doesn't even recognize my usb 3.0 being plugged in my desktop and I made sure it's in a 3.0 port. I've plugged in every 3.0 port possible and it still says USB 3 Connection Required. I went into the device manager tried to update my usb 3.0 but it says it's at the latest version, i've tried to uninstall the usb and plug it back in multiple times. My display port works fine and my Rift S says Connected and active when I put on the headset it has 3 dots with the oculus symbol and a black screen with my controllers sitting 1 meter below me. In the device manager it shows that the USB 3.0 from the VR cable works fine. I did everything I can and don't know what to do I need help :disappointed:
It's been a month since I started playing VR.

5aqr8h8lf46g.png6grw3ur4jdwe.png
104 REPLIES 104

Luhxe
Honored Guest
Its a Oculus issue not a 3.0 USB problem

smschuess
Honored Guest
Same exact issue.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Luhxe said:

Its a Oculus issue not a 3.0 USB problem

If that were true I would be having the issue too.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

zed85
Explorer
same issue here.. used to play without any problem with my both laptop and usb 3.0 compatible cable.. today i wanted to try half life alyx and i can't make it work the quest is not recognised as plugged in a usb 3.0 but instead usb 2.0 tried on both comptuer and i got the same problem.. i have resetted oculus quest to factory settings and re installed the oculus app nothing works.. still getting the same message oculus quest connected to usb 2.0

tarlynislazy
Honored Guest

tarlynislazy
Honored Guest
Yeah I think we just have to wait or we have to update it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Umpa_PC said:

How do you know you have USB 3.0

Because it was working for 2 months and now it does not...after 1 update it stopped detecting usb3 ports.My 3.0 ports did not become 2.0 all of the sudden 😉  And i did try on friends comp asrock z370 pro4 it has only 3.0 ports.And his 2080geforce has type c usb 3 dedicated port and same shit happening.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

Chucky96 said:

Umpa_PC said:

How do you know you have USB 3.0

Because it was working for 2 months and now it does not...after 1 update it stopped detecting usb3 ports.My 3.0 ports did not become 2.0 all of the sudden 😉  And i did try on friends comp asrock z370 pro4 it has only 3.0 ports.And his 2080geforce has type c usb 3 dedicated port and same shit happening.

Now thats bizarre, It does not work on both computers ?
That suggests a faulty cable.   Because I am not having issues, that confirms the software is good.  Its the same logic just from opposite sides.  Which one is correct ? 
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
"that confirms the software is good" omg do u even read patch notes? check twitter atm u will see some examples

Oculus: "We're aware of an issue affecting Rift on PC, and we're working on resolving now."

software is bad but it could be that cable just stopped working after update  😉

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I once had an xbox360 go red ring of death after an update - and here I was thinking it was a GPU problem it must have been microsoft's software after all
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?