cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Error

DazzlingDaan
Explorer

Hello, could someone pls help me?

Today when i turned on my pc and plugged in my headset, i got a message from Windows that something went wrong last time i was using the Headset and now it wont connect anymore. The light in the headset also doesnt light up anymore. I also tried restarting my pc but nothing changed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DazzlingDaan
Explorer
6 REPLIES 6

DazzlingDaan
Explorer

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Dan. If your PC updated to Windows 11 from the last time you connected your Rift S that could be the cause of the error message. Windows 11 is not currently supported for Rift S, Link, and Air Link. We hope to have support for Windows 11 in the near future.

If this update is not the case, here are some additional troubleshooting steps along with restarting your PC, we can suggest:

• Try another USB 3.0 port
  • Update USB drivers
  • Make sure your graphics card is up to date. (Use this link for reference)
  • Remove any USB splitters/extensions
  • Disconnect the headset cable from the PC and headset and inspect it for damage:
    • Bent pins
    • Frays
    • Twists
    • Kinks
    • Etc.
      • Note: When reconnecting to the PC, connect the USB cable first, then the display port cable to the dedicated graphics card.
  • Try the headset on another computer if possible

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance or submit a support ticket here. 😊👌

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

@DazzlingDaan  I hate it when people post there own solutions without actually explaining what they did, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

@TomCgcmfc turned out i didnt plug in the headset good enough.

I dont need anymore help, but thank u for wanting to help me out. It turned out the headset wasnt plugged in good enough

Press and hold (or right-click) the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select Uninstall. After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable. Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez