cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Tanski_Tannero
Honored Guest
I currently am debating buying the rift s. BUT the one thing holding me back is the audio! What are you doing to get around the god awful audio situation? The Oculus earbuds use that rubber design and those can't work in my ears, they fall out all the time unless I shove them into my brain. So I guess what I am saying is how do you get around this?
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently am debating buying the rift s. BUT the one thing holding me back is the audio! What are you doing to get around the god awful audio situation? The Oculus earbuds use that rubber design and those can't work in my ears, they fall out all the time unless I shove them into my brain. So I guess what I am saying is how do you get around this?

I use earbuds myself plugged into the headset headphone jack, sound is great.
You can get earbuds that have several sizes of those rubber things.

Tanski_Tannero
Honored Guest

dburne said:

What kind of earbuds? I need specifics lol because I have no idea how to get around this

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

What kind of earbuds? I need specifics lol because I have no idea how to get around this

Unfortunately I do not remember and there is not a name on them.
Just do a search on Amazon for earbuds with headphone jack and you should have plenty to look through.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
Don't buy the Rift S, it's getting no love, and it hasn't received any updates since before December of last year, it's all been quest and social crap. Buy another HMD instead.

Tanski_Tannero
Honored Guest

Don't buy the Rift S, it's getting no love, and it hasn't received any updates since before December of last year, it's all been quest and social crap. Buy another HMD instead.

HMD? And I want to upgrade because my controllers and sensors aren't doing so hot on the last rift. My controllers don't vibrate on sync any more and my sensors just don't pick up as much as they used to

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
Head Mounted Device.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
HMD is the headset, so Windows Mixed Reality, HTC Vive, Valve Index, etc. Those are actually being supported, unlike the Rift S which since it came out hasn't received any updates aside from the tracking fix.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
The Bionik Mantis PSVR headphones will clip righ onto the Rift S. Also if you want more beefier Koss has a set  that you can do a mod to swap out the mantis drivers with for extra oomph. So far the Mantis set is fine for me but I'm not going for total immersion.. I like some outside sounds lol.. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
my rift s witch was a replacement i got on Aug 26th of 2019 for the defective one i got in may of 2019 just died. again. was working well (still had minor tracking issues in box vr ect.. where a glove / controller  pop in and out. causing a miss punch. the head set is completely dead wont detect on any pc i have 2 of them are vm capable. meet all specs and then some. reseated both sides off the cable too. and 3 different USB 3.0 and 3.1 controllers. that all worked with it for months. hooked up my old rift w the 3 sensors (never took them down) and wow the tracking is flawless and the head set just works. so if you can find one get the old rift cv1 or wait and go htc or valve index. as for sound when it was working i used full size over the ear noise cancelling headphones and a 3.5 mm cable jacked into the port. because just when i thought it was doing ok it just died again. the reliability of the lenovo made hardware is anything but. lucky the cv1 is rock solid and in comparison the controllers are better too