cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade

Tanski_Tannero
Honored Guest
I currently am debating buying the rift s. BUT the one thing holding me back is the audio! What are you doing to get around the god awful audio situation? The Oculus earbuds use that rubber design and those can't work in my ears, they fall out all the time unless I shove them into my brain. So I guess what I am saying is how do you get around this?
13 REPLIES 13

Tanski_Tannero
Honored Guest
I have the Oculus with just 2 sensors, should I just buy new controllers and another sensor?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Oculus with just 2 sensors, should I just buy new controllers and another sensor?

You will have trouble finding new controllers for the Rift CV1.

McNutts
Adventurer
I am a backer of this Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vrears/vr-ears?ref=user_menu

Until then I use some decent JBL earbuds I got with my Roku Ultra with my Rift S. Since those don't work for you maybe try a 3D printed clip that lets you attach any headphones you want. A lot of people swear by the $30 Kross headphones. They just attach them with a 3D printed clip which has them right next to your ears instead of sitting on them. Kinda like the headphones on the Deluxe Audio Strap and the headphones on the Valve Index.

There is also this product for the PSVR. It should work just fine with the Rift S and the Quest.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0735X5M4X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_f9MWCbNEENVJV
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

HMD is the headset, so Windows Mixed Reality, HTC Vive, Valve Index, etc. Those are actually being supported, unlike the Rift S which since it came out hasn't received any updates aside from the tracking fix.

I'm one of the lucky ones that don't have any issues.  I'm curious in what you would have Oculus do with the Rift S.  What updates do you want ?  For me it does exactly what it was advertised.  It has a clear display (far clearer than the Quest), tracking is good - it just works for me.  All this extra crap they are coding in to Quest will either fail with bad bugs (like the new GUI) or is just a novelty like hand tracking, which after a brief flirt with it - no one uses much.

The only real update for the Quest that has done anything for me, was the Oculus Link - now that was a master stroke!  Every thing else has been meh!
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.