cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLUME ISSUE: From Rift S to Oculus Quests

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Rift S and my friends have the quest 2. Their volume comes through super quiet on my headset. Any way to adjust this or fix this? FYI, it is not just certain games, it is all games so it must be something with the fact that we have different headsets. My volume and mic is turned up all the way and my friends still come through super quiet for their audio. Anybody else experiencing this? 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, Phelps052! We're sorry you're experiencing these issues, we know how much voice chat connects our customers with their friends and adds a whole new level of immersion. Let's figure this out together! Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try. 

1. Update all drivers for your Rift S
  2. 1.Find the audio connector screw located on the inside of the main strap next to the on-ear headphones.
    2.Use the audio tool to turn the audio connector screw clockwise (to the right).
    3.Keep turning the audio connector until it's secure.
  3. Repair Oculus app 

If none of these troubleshooting options assist the issue at hand, we have a couple questions that will hopefully help point us in the right direction.

1. Does this issue persist with external headphones?
  2. How long has this issue been persisting?
  3. Is the audio issue only persisting for other users you interact with using Quest 2 or is there also low audio from other users on Rift S? 

We hope to hear back from you soon so we can help you get back in VR. 

Cheers, 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!