cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Desktop App is no longer working, and Oculus Virtual Desktop crashes all the time

svx94
Explorer
I purchased the "Virtual Desktop" App in order to view 3-D movies, and it was one of the best App.  However, after the recent updates, that app can not start.  It stay at the initial loading screen and can go beyond that.  I uninstalled, and re-installed the App, it didn't fix the problem.
I did notice the new Oculus Virtual Desktop on the Dash, it DOES NOT offer the same function as the App, and the control is not working.  There is no 3-D movie setting options.  Did Oculus disabled the App to force the users to use the Oculus version of it?  This would be a very bad behavior.
My system is quite new, Windows 10 Pro.  GTX 1080ti GPU, custom loop water cooling for all components.
Thanks for any help!
7 REPLIES 7

Sneakygloworm
Expert Protege
Just tried this to check and it loads without issue. I'm using the public test channel.

ohgrant
Superstar
Just checked and I still have 3D options. Have you tried the hotkeys F6 for full SBS F7 for half? Bigscreen will also play your 3D movies, I think it's free
Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

svx94
Explorer

ohgrant said:

Just checked and I still have 3D options. Have you tried the hotkeys F6 for full SBS F7 for half? Bigscreen will also play your 3D movies, I think it's free

Would you please explain which app are you using to have the F6/F7 option?    I did get the Bigscreen working, but the UI is not Windows friendly.   I can not easily doing regular windows work with Rift controller.  But I am still learning.
One nice thing I found out while trying is that my 1080ti card from Gigabyte (waterforce model) can handle super sampling 2.0.  I was pleasantly surprised.

svx94
Explorer

Just tried this to check and it loads without issue. I'm using the public test channel.

Thank you for your reply!  It means the App is fine, as well as Rift.  I will try more tomorrow

YoLolo69
Trustee
Sound obvious but sometimes Virtual Desktop need UAC confirmation and display this only on the 2D monitor (not hadset) so you have to remove headset to click on the OK button (or do like me blindly by searching the left arrow key through the nose gap to reach the OK and then do the same for the Enter key).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

DocHoliday69
Honored Guest
I just purchased it yesterday or day before and it won't start for me either. Will try YoLolo69's suggestion. However at last try it just keeps loading infinitely and have to quit app. Will let you know it Yo's works. Thanks
Dan

svx94
Explorer

I just purchased it yesterday or day before and it won't start for me either. Will try YoLolo69's suggestion. However at last try it just keeps loading infinitely and have to quit app. Will let you know it Yo's works. Thanks
Dan

Yes, What YoLolo69 suggested worked.   You HAVE TO take the headset off, go back to desktop screen to click OK on popup message, then it will work.  Thanks to YoLolo69!