cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vote only if your RIFT S has no WHITE FLASHES or eventual BLACKSCREENS after a few hours use -STICKY

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not a discussion and please do not post if you got White Flashes or eventual Blackscreens after some use of a few hours + having had it for 1 Week.
Instead ONLY post if you have none and tell us your PC Specs, USB type, USB Card and if Powered, Win10 Version, Oculus Runtime 1.37 or PTC...
Mods I suggest this becomes a STICKY for the gathering.

If a mod could add a Vote for BOTH please @OculusSupport @Techy111
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that Audio Hotfix was a slight placebo. When I updated to 1903 and went into Home, my Audio was coming from my Onboard Soundcard out of my speakers even though RIFT S was set as default. It just needed a BETA>RESTART OCULUS to fix the routing although it may have been fixed to auto select it at least.

I get fewer flashes in Win1903 but I'm still on 1.37

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK it appears to be the games we play that have flashes. I get none in PC2 but do in Elite and also Pokerstars in which I must use external audio source else it just crashes after 5mins. The first 2 are fine with earbuds.

Lethal_Aims
Adventurer
Hotfix was definitely required in the early days of 1903 and confirmed by Oculus. It is on general release though now so is installed automatically through Windows Update.

Aerandir
Honored Guest

RedRizla said:

I think white flashes and black screen are a result of a faulty or an unsecured cable. Have you tried keeping your head still to see if it happens as a test?

I get the white flashes no matter what I'm doing.  I've gotten them while watching movies in Bigscreen while keeping my head still.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aerandir said:

RedRizla said:

I think white flashes and black screen are a result of a faulty or an unsecured cable. Have you tried keeping your head still to see if it happens as a test?

I get the white flashes no matter what I'm doing.  I've gotten them while watching movies in Bigscreen while keeping my head still.  

Yeah I think quite a lot of folks are experiencing the occasional white flashes, myself included.
Hoping it is something they can address via firmware or software.