cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which GPU should I get for my VR needs?

Mediasaur
Level 2
Hi all,
         I have returned to the oculus forums to get some well-needed advice from my fellow comrades. In my last discussion about a new CPU I got some very helpful advice about what is needed for VR and it really helped make my decision. This time I need some advice about my next piece of hardware. My budget here is around £400 and I don't want to bottleneck my CPU, I currently have a 1060 6GB and I definitely want to make this upgrade worth it (future-proofing, whatnot). From what I've heard around the internet, the AMD RX 5700 is a great option for performance. I have always stuck with NVIDIA and find all the features very useful, however I am open to new brands. I was thinking either a GTX 1080 or 1080 Ti, but I'm not sure if the Ti would bottleneck my CPU (or the other way around idk). So hopefully I can get some advice from some of you who've used these cards before. Thanks in advance!  🙂

My Current Rig:

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600k 6-Core Coffee Lake
RAM: DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A Pro
Windows 10 64 bit
HMD: Oculus Rift CV1

Side Note: I often notice my disk usage is usually quite high, especially while gaming and it can slow my PC down, could getting an SSD increase performance? Thanks.
0 REPLIES 0