cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White Static Flashes in Rift S

misfitpunish3r
Honored Guest
Hello all,

Wanted to post this in the forums to see of anyone else is having a similar issue, in hopes that I'm not the only one or perhaps someone has already contacted Oculus to see if it's a software issue or not.

I'm having intermittent white (kind of like static) flashes every now and then. They're completely at random and happen in Oculus home and all the VR games I've tried with it (Marvel Powers United, Onward, Blade and Sorcery, Beat Saber)

Any info (other than "I'm not having any issues at all") is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
415 REPLIES 415

jayhawk
Superstar
I've seen this in mine as well. It's not bothersome, but worrying.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @misfitpunish3r, I'm sorry to hear you're having experiencing static on your Rift S. If you're noticing static on the headset, please try disconnecting your Rift S, wait 10 seconds, connect your USB, wait another 10 seconds then connect your DisplayPort connection. It's important to allow the USB connection to fully establish before connecting the DP port. Also, please try reseating the cable on the headset side. You'll need to remove the facial interface first to access it. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you're still having issues. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

DeliriumBlades
Protege

Hey @misfitpunish3r, I'm sorry to hear you're having experiencing static on your Rift S. If you're noticing static on the headset, please try disconnecting your Rift S, wait 10 seconds, connect your USB, wait another 10 seconds then connect your DisplayPort connection. It's important to allow the USB connection to fully establish before connecting the DP port. Also, please try reseating the cable on the headset side. You'll need to remove the facial interface first to access it. Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com if you're still having issues. Thanks! -Rick

No way...this can't be the solution anymore. I've done this and it doesn't stop the problem. It's a waste of time to even do it. I've tried every display port I have and every USB 3.0 connection on my motherboard and a separate VR compatible USB card(Startech). I had to enroll in the slow ring windows update to fix the audio problem and have yet to find a fix for the brief white static. Sure it's like a blip and doesnt really hurt gameplay. But it shouldn't be there and it shouldn't happen. please tell me this is being looked into and you're not chalking it up to user/PC error.

cybershrapnel
Protege
Oculus Rick Sux!!!!!

SLM101
Protege
Same problem here. Rift S that has been used for around 3 hours. Seen the 'static white flash' around 5 times already. Makes me worry a little considering it's expensive kit (at least it is on my budget).

I have posted this in other threads but trying to move all the threads to the top so Oculus take notice and hopefully fix it.

Skozios
Protege
Please stop telling us to "switch it on and off again", most of us are more intelligent than that and have probably said this to our uneducated friends more time that we have had hot dinners.   😕

antitrust42
Expert Protege
 same problem here i return this garbage

bravo76101
Explorer
Same Issue, there is no timing or rhyme or reason when this flash will occur. Tried different UBS ports,
Using ROG-STRIX-RTX2080-O8G-GAMING 2080, windows 10 pro.

AUDIO: also have the cracking sound,  this has been isolated to low frequency (bass), When using the aux jack on the VR, the
 headphones do not have the cracking sound anymore

In addition when playing LONE ECHO, Superhot VR, the Game will crash, sometimes it will last 20 minutes sometimes it will last 40 minutes.

LONE ECHO, set graphics : everything to low, and anything to do with performance was disabled, there was no change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

same problem here i return this garbage

I could not help but notice, you have posted in every different issue thread that you have the same problem and you have returned the garbage.

Just an observation...